• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covid-19: Eyes and ears on the ground reports... what isn't being reported?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Hush now.
    another expat twat! - there's a surprise.
    feck off plastic paddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      It's my mother's funeral on Tuesday. Up to press, only myself(plus Mrs and Offspring), and my brother(plus his Mrs and Offspring) are permitted to attend the Crematorium. According to the Undertaker (A really nice chap btw), this may change between now and Tuesday.
      Never a good time for this. My condolences.

Comment

Ok. I have another "rumour", fairly good source. If there's too many dead to deal with and before there is a risk they may become a health hazard reefer trucks will be used. There are thousands of those, many mounted on truck chassis but a lot that are basically containers out there that only need either the power pack topping up with Red derv. Others need a generator. Keeping track would be the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Incorrect. Italy’s first death was on 21st Feb (according to Worldometers.info). By the 29th, they had 29 dead. (27th Feb they had 17 dead)

Incorrect. Their first death was on 3rd March. By 8th March they had 17 dead. You really need to learn how to read graphs! By 9th March (+6) they had 30 dead.

Incorrect. By 11th March we had 8 dead.

Wrong, wrong and wrong.
          Italy: 1,016
          Spain:2,311
          UK: 465

Please if you’re going to use graphs, learn how to read them. Go to the one titled “Total Corona Deaths in xxx” then look for where the first one is recorded. Then go from there.

Gaddamit I need glasses...

So re did the figures and we are still not tracking the same

So revised figures

Italy day 6 16 deaths
          Spain day 6 17 deaths
          UK day 6 6 deaths

Day 10
          Italy - 74
          Spain - 86
          UK - 21

Day 15
          Italy 361
          Spain 533
          UK 144

Day 20
          Italy 1261
          Spain 1772
          UK 422

Increase in deaths between day 14 and 15
          Italy 36 to 133 - 97
          Spain 48 to 191 - 143
          UK 33 to 40 - 7

Largest increase in deaths between and given day
          Italy Day 26 427 - Day 27 627 deaths 200
          Spain Day 19 288 - Day 20 391 deaths 148
          UK Day 19 54 - Day 20 87 deaths 33

Between day 21 and day 22 in the UK the total deaths went down by 44 - UK is at present the only country which has seen a reduction in day to day deaths which is larger than the largest increase in day to day deaths

So potentially the UK may have caught it in time - fingers crossed - unless they have changed the way figures are reported...

That's why the next few days are vital

(All data is subject to my eyesight not being rubbish)
          Last edited by original PM; 26 March 2020, 16:31.

Comment

Ambulance service are triage cases where difficult to breath is no longer an automatic call out.
            Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

I get to hear all the crazy tulip the public aren't meant to find out.

Comment

It's my mother's funeral on Tuesday. Up to press, only myself(plus Mrs and Offspring), and my brother(plus his Mrs and Offspring) are permitted to attend the Crematorium. According to the Undertaker (A really nice chap btw), this may change between now and Tuesday.
                My condolences
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Sorry to hear that mate.

Comment

My condolences

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      another expat twat! - there's a surprise.
                      feck off plastic paddy.
                      Leave him alone. Hes a great chap. Sadly he gets influenced by the cretin king. Once the cretin king goes he will be okay again...

Comment

Working...
                      X