• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covid-19: Eyes and ears on the ground reports... what isn't being reported?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    1500 per day? Think they were doing 10k peeps per day over here.

Folks should be fuming with the government. All those years snorting £££ on SFA and not where it is needed. I don't know how they get away with it.
    GDPR tulip cost more than getting prepped for this pandemic

Comment

Silent but Deadly

Latest unconfirmed reports in Glasgow is that CV19 under certain circumstances can be spread by - dare I say it ? Farting.

Silent but deadly - ...just goes to show you cant be too careful nowadays.

Comment

In theory, in 2-3 weeks time, if the restrictions work, then we’ll see a reduction in new cases (whether tested or not). After that, the only new cases we should get are from HCPs, their families and the families of those who have the virus but stayed at home.

With that, and the 6 month window Dr Harris talked about, then someone could probably draw a graph to see what the figures might be.
        I’d suspect a reduction by a factor of about 9 compared to the figures for better hygiene through hand washing.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          so it's cool to go into a petrol station wearing a full face lid then??
          Do the same at the Post Office too ... with all those old folks in the queue, you'd be helping them out no end. The PO staff will appreciate your consideration
          Last edited by Whorty; 29 March 2020, 17:54.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Has the Italy death toll peaked?

Fitting the Italian’s curve – My personal space

Comment

Farnborough Exhibition Centre being converted into a Field Hospital.
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Temporary morgue being set up on Wanstead Flats, not far from the Nightingale at the Excel Centre.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  Temporary morgue being set up on Wanstead Flats, not far from the Nightingale at the Excel Centre.
                  Makes you think...

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Nightingale is for those who will no longer be treated...

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                    Latest unconfirmed reports in Glasgow is that CV19 under certain circumstances can be spread by - dare I say it ? Farting.

Silent but deadly - ...just goes to show you cant be too careful nowadays.
                    Surely YOUR fart would kill the virus, and the surrounding occupants.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                      Farnborough Exhibition Centre being converted into a Field Hospital.
                      I thought they would have used Aldershot, but I guess they want to keep it clean as a C&C centre

Comment

Working...
                      X