• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The "helicopter drop" is here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I'm not getting rent on my props at the moment (it was mainly AirBnB). But that's fine I have no mortgages on them.
    Scoots will be looking for a hovel, once the Thistle Heathrow closes down.

Or contact a couple of NHS Acute Trusts (especially if they're near a hospital, or Excel) to see if they need temp accommodation for additional staff.

Comment

Are you now not getting cancelled bookings? And you've still got expenses for an empty place - might be prudent to see if you can get a short-term tenancy el pronto.

Main reason we got rid of our Airbnb last year - 2 bed @ almost £500k in Edinburgh - it was time to cash in, market is a total bubble.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If only I listened to scooty ...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          You should put that on a t-shirt or a series of motivational posters.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
            You should put that on a hazmat suit or a series of motivational bottle cups.
            FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

'He's not wrong'

on the back of the t-shirt
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                You should put that on a t-shirt or a series of motivational posters.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Love the video.

For the sh1t storm coming our way .... and its coming ..... all that can really be advised is try and hold hard assets.

Most people don't realise that EVERY single fiat currency ever made has failed.... every single one.

There is a good possibility that all these supposed 'loans' being made now will never be paid back and will effectively be forgotten about.

This could even bring about a new world order with a global single currency.

Its frightening times and the aftermath of the virus could possibly be worse than the virus itself.

People say that in 2008 we should have just let the bankrupt companies go under. I just pray that in a years time Cummings is not proven right with his economy v people (supposed) message.

Comment

Originally posted by mogga71 View Post
                    Love the video.

For the sh1t storm coming our way .... and its coming ..... all that can really be advised is try and hold hard assets.

Most people don't realise that EVERY single fiat currency ever made has failed.... every single one.
                    No they haven't. How has the Swissie failed?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      No they haven't. How has the Swissie failed?
                      Per se it hasn't but it has tainted the image of central banks with its cocking around with ceilings then suddenly binning them off, leading to markets shunning them to a reasonable extent. The franc is now treated with a degree of wariness compared to it having been a go-to fiat currency.

Ref from Jan 2015 Swiss Tarnish Central Banks - WSJ
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X