• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's Ironic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Ironic

I was chatting to the Registrar of Deaths this morning. Nice chap. Was a police inspector before he retired.

Hardly anybody is dying of Covid-19 (so far anyway). But the irony is, compared to normal, a lot less other people will die because the lock down will supress other infectious diseases as well.
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Is that irony per the Alannis Morrisette interpretation?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Is that irony per the Alannis Morrisette interpretation?
      Is there any other
      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
        Is there any other

yes!

Alanis Morissette updated 'Ironic' for today's problems and it's hilarious - GOOD

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Brilliant

Comment

Brilliant
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I was chatting to the Registrar of Deaths this morning. Nice chap. Was a police inspector before he retired.

Hardly anybody is dying of Covid-19 (so far anyway). But the irony is, compared to normal, a lot less other people will die because the lock down will supress other infectious diseases as well.
              All lies !!!!!! They're piling the bodies up in the streets .... it's like 1918 all over again .... the world is ending .... run to the hills
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                All lies !!!!!! They're piling the bodies up in the streets .... it's like 1918 all over again .... the world is ending .... run to the hills
                There have still been at least ~400 deaths from this (in the UK alone), by all accounts terrible disease and is a horrible, grisly death from all the literature - so please, let's hope someone you know doesn't go the same way eh?
                Originally posted by Old Greg
                I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

nah buy an AR-15!

Gun dealers say sales are up as LA and other cities classify stores as 'essential' | Daily Mail Online

US gun dealers say sales are exploding as Americans arm themselves with 'shotguns, handguns and AR-15s' amid panic over the coronavirus and Los Angeles and other cities classify stores as 'essential'

• US gun sellers say sales are way up as Americans rush to protect themselves from a possible coronavirus panic
                  • Buyers are purchasing guns and ammunition in the event they have to defend themselves from people who become desperate and unpredictable
                  • One seller says 'a lot of people are buying shotguns, handguns, AR-15 (semi-automatic rifles), everything,' and that she is now open seven days a week
                  • Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva also has allowed the stores to stay open, after the county's attorney classified them as 'essential'
                  • San Diego's Sheriff Bill Gore also allowed the shops to remain open, saying they provide a 'valuable public service'
                  • According to data from the FBI, just over 5.5 million background checks were conducted in January and February combined
                  • Such checks generally rise in an election year, as they did in 2016. But this past January and February have outpaced 2016 by nearly 350,000
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                    There have still been at least ~400 deaths from this (in the UK alone), by all accounts terrible disease and is a horrible, grisly death from all the literature - so please, let's hope someone you know doesn't go the same way eh?
                    Thousands of people die every week of horrible diseases but we don't have media frenzies about these, stirring up the masses into a panic. We need calm and control (I know BoJo is leading, but even so).

And we need a sense of humour. Stress, negative thoughts etc are linked high blood pressure and hypertension. Hypertension is a risk with this virus. Let's all stop worrying about what might happen, let's act and think positively and give ourselves a fighting chance
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X