• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's Ironic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say similar the other day ..... we q for bog paper whilst the yanks q for guns Are they planning to shoot the clingons off?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
      Hardly anybody is dying of Covid-19 (so far anyway). But the irony is, compared to normal, a lot less other people will die because the lock down will supress other infectious diseases as well.
      Must be a big reduction in deaths from RTAs as well.

Although there may be a rise in deaths due to DIY and other home accidents.

Not a good time if you have an abusive partner either.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Thousands of people die every week of horrible diseases but we don't have media frenzies about these, stirring up the masses into a panic. We need calm and control (I know BoJo is leading, but even so).

And we need a sense of humour. Stress, negative thoughts etc are linked high blood pressure and hypertension. Hypertension is a risk with this virus. Let's all stop worrying about what might happen, let's act and think positively and give ourselves a fighting chance
        Surly this number will go up

Alcohol deaths in England at record high after 6 per cent rise in a year, NHS data shows | The Independent

I’m drinking a lot more since lockdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          Must be a big reduction in deaths from RTAs as well.

Although there may be a rise in deaths due to DIY and other home accidents.

Not a good time if you have an abusive partner either.
          Wife's Mom works in a solicitors ..... they've seen a massive rise in will writing, and (as they do every Christmas) are expecting a rise in divorce work over the coming months. Asked her if she knew BP .....

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            Surly this number will go up

Alcohol deaths in England at record high after 6 per cent rise in a year, NHS data shows | The Independent

That's an interesting question ... will drinking related health issues rise?

Pubs are shut, but supermarkets are still selling cheap booze so who knows? I rarely drink these days anyway, so the lockdown isn't impacting me .

Comment

That's an interesting question ... will drinking related health issues rise?

Pubs are shut, but supermarkets are still selling cheap booze so who knows? I rarely drink these days anyway, so the lockdown isn't impacting me .
              I doubt the minimum price per unit in Scotland makes much difference to consumption either

Comment

Wife's Mom works in a solicitors ..... they've seen a massive rise in will writing, and (as they do every Christmas) are expecting a rise in divorce work over the coming months. Asked her if she knew BP .....
                ex-wife 27 I think?

Comment

Seeming like a load of tulip
                  Tescos needs an extra 20000 staff
                  you can order takeways
                  405000 want to get out the house and volunteer to help
                  amazon to hire 100k more staff!
                  my local vape shop delivers !!!

If this was to stop a real pandemic why the **** are takeaways, vape shops delivering and supermarkets hiring Covid pron staff!?!?!
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                    I stopped drinking. It weakens your immune system. I've got enough going on without that.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    If this was to stop a real pandemic why the **** are takeaways, vape shops delivering and supermarkets hiring Covid pron staff!?!?!
                    Why not? You want people to starve instead? It's like you've never heard of risk balancing... or you're trolling...
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

YouTube
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X