• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self Employed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    I didn't hear him saying Ltd Co directors were excluded? it was more than 50K profits are excluded.
    It's for the self employed

From BBC article

"At least half their income needs to have come from self-employment as registered on the 2019-20 tax return filed in January, or averaged over the three previous years. Company owners who pay themselves a dividend are not covered."

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

From BBC article

"At least half their income needs to have come from self-employment as registered on the 2019-20 tax return filed in January, or averaged over the three previous years. Company owners who pay themselves a dividend are not covered."
      What about the salary element? does that then qualify us for anything in regards to the 80%

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
        What about the salary element? does that then qualify us for anything in regards to the 80%
        Of £700 yes. If you're out of work. Are you?

Comment

From BBC article

Sounds like umbrella contractors are covered. There's a "see, you should have been Inside IR35 all along" moment from Hector if ever there was one.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (but can't remember where) that it had been confirmed that directors could furlough themselves and claim the 80% of their salary.

This scheme is not for LtdCo's - it's for self employed.

Comment

My understanding (which is loose) is that if you work for yourself in a Ltd company that you own, then you are still classed as "self employed". This is certainly true for mortgages etc. So my guess is that it's a "no", even if you have been fully IR35 compliant (no dividends, full employer NI). And now of course they have explicitly ruled out directors of Ltd companies. Hope I'm wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by genius View Post
                Of £700 yes. If you're out of work. Are you?
                Not today... Maybe tomoz...

Comment

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (but can't remember where) that it had been confirmed that directors could furlough themselves and claim the 80% of their salary.
                  Any source on that?

Comment

From BBC article

Well if we are going off the tax return definition, then we are employees of our limited company. As I already argued in previous posts.

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post
                      Any source on that?
                      No I can't find it. Thought I'd read it somewhere, but may have dreamt it.

Comment

Working...
                      X