• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self Employed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wowbagger View Post
    There's a single sentence..

Chancellor gives support to millions of self-employed individuals - GOV.UK

"Those who pay themselves a salary and dividends through their own company are not covered by the scheme but will be covered for their salary by the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme if they are operating PAYE schemes."

so min salary and dividends = 80% of not much and Job Retention Scheme also means you have to stop all work...
    Not sure who is right or not, but I'll still take 80% of 700 for 3 months if I can - so going to apply.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      You may be under-thinking it somewhat, given that you've linked to the self-employed scheme, which explicitly states that it is irrelevant for company directors (including for the salary portion).
      Are you being purposely stupid ? Or does it come naturally?

While stating that it clearly states which scheme does apply.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        The clue was in the "can't remember where" bit daft to ask for a source when the poster has already said they can't remember
        Thanks, I found it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
          Are you being purposely stupid ? Or does it come naturally?

While stating that it clearly states which scheme does apply.
          The other scheme applies to 80% of your tiny salary, at best, you pigeon-chested little abattoir creeper.

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post
            Thanks, I found it myself.
            Care to share?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Care to share?
              It's already been linked to twice in this thread but here you go Chancellor gives support to millions of self-employed individuals - GOV.UK

Comment

Only claim this if you needed. I say that because it's us contractors who are going to foot the bill for this with increased IR35 tax investigations.

Comment

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
                  Only claim this if you needed. I say that because it's us contractors who are going to foot the bill for this with increased IR35 tax investigations.
                  well were going to anyway regardless if we use it or not

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    The other scheme applies to 80% of your tiny salary, at best, you pigeon-chested little abattoir creeper.
                    Exactly you wally...

Depending on the qualifying period that’s 2500 a month I am looking at if needs be... but do keep chirping...

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
                      Exactly you wally...

Depending on the qualifying period that’s 2500 a month I am looking at if needs be... but do keep chirping...
                      How do you work that out???
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X