• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self Employed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    How do you work that out???
    Was IR35 caught for a big chunk of time so was paying myself a hefty salary.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
      Exactly you wally...

Depending on the qualifying period that’s 2500 a month I am looking at if needs be... but do keep chirping...
      Cretinism is your strong suit.

Comment

Well, I'm just going to wait until I either get an email from HMRC about how to claim. Or I don't.

Comment

You are all dreaming imo, but this is , of course, just my 2 cents!

I don't believe that the back office of DWP or HMRC is anywhere near able to meet these pie in the sky government pledges.

Even with the 'not a penny til june , or 5 weeks for UC' there's no way the public sector can meet this demand after being systematically degraded over 10 years.

90k universal credit waiting list on the online portal means the DWP are totally and utterly unable to process anything, they simply dont have the manpower. DWP is 80% cretins burning money trying to implement & migrate ridiculously over complicated systems (a.k.a BPDTS) 5% front line and 15% actual claim workers.

HMRC simply dont have the resource or staff to process requests to analyse everyones 3 year books and pay either.

The simplist and quickest thing is to just give a minimum standard livable amount , by region, if needs be and get it over with. This should all be temporary and social status shouldn't mean much in this time.

Having watched Question Time last night, our whole plan seems fubar'd anyway - lockdown - but go to work to keep the economy working (not just key workers) - is not a lockdown.

Applying for UC will be entertaining when people realise just how much IDS ****ed every claimant , in order to punish the minority of fraudsters. But i digress.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            “ Sunak says he is treating the self-employed like the employed.

But in return, everyone must pay in, he says.

He is implying that he will reform the tax system so that the self-employed lose some of their tax advantages.”

UK coronavirus live: Rishi Sunak says government will pay self-employed up to GBP2,500 a month | Politics | The Guardian
            Ah, remember the time when we had tax advantages? I think I've got some old VAT returns in the loft, I might go up later and get teary-eyed for the old days...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Surely it would be easier to reverse engineer from the total tax paid in from HMRC point of view?

This would also highlight the IR35 lunacy.

Comment

And you all thought......

....taking a permie role at the end of last year was a "bad idea". Who's laughing now? Mwahahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                  ....taking a permie role at the end of last year was a "bad idea". Who's laughing now? Mwahahahaha!

Don't rub it in....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Was trying to follow this but I assume as a Ltd Director you’re entitled to feck all?
                    And anyone who's earned more than £50k in any of the last 3 years gets feck all anyway*. I'm pretty sure that catches just about everyone on here.

*Or have I misunderstood that?
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      And anyone who's earned more than £50k in any of the last 3 years gets feck all anyway*. I'm pretty sure that catches just about everyone on here.

*Or have I misunderstood that?
                      you understood correctly
                      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                      X