• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

60% LTV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60% LTV

“ Andrew Montlake, managing director of broker Coreco, said: “The Halifax’s decision to stop lending above 60% LTV reflects the wholesale recalibration of risk that is unfolding in the mortgage market.””

Halifax withdraws majority of mortgages | Money | The Guardian

Good. There is too much debt. Lets have it where you had to save for years then beg the branch manager like in the good old days.

Also a 70% tax rate on rental income and no foreign ownership. Give the kids a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Good. There is too much debt. Lets have it where you had to save for years then beg the branch manager like in the good old days.

Also a 70% tax rate on rental income and no foreign ownership. Give the kids a chance.
      I'm back to owning 2 properties, anyone want to buy a cottage with 6 acres on the middle of Anglesey?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        I'm back to owning 2 properties, anyone want to buy a cottage with 6 acres on the middle of Anglesey?
        Oddly a chap I work with bought there about a year ago.

Some bits of Anglessey are VERY expensive.

I think now is a bad time to sell (BP in stating the obvious mode!).

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          What's the broadband like?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Is its is similat to my work colleague on Anglessey, he is able to WFH fine. Published internet speeds are lower in North Wales than London - but we have no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Is its is similat to my work colleague on Anglessey, he is able to WFH fine. Published internet speeds are lower in North Wales than London - but we have no issues.
              I thought having issues was a prereq to living in Wales.

Comment

Fibre to cabinet. Cabinet 15 yards from house. Detached, 2 large bedrooms, fantastic view of Snowdonia from Master bedroom and Kitchen.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  I thought having issues was a prereq to living in Wales.

If you didn't have them before you move there, you will soon after!

Comment

Forgot to mention, stabling for 3 horses.

Comment

Working...
                    X