Ltd Companies and Sel Employed - Ltd Companies and Sel Employed -
Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Should post faster

geoffreywhereveryoumaybe is too good to be a permie

Default Ltd Companies and Sel Employed -

I didn't realise there was the ability to record self employment income on the self assessment return.

I have operated as a director of a limited company for decades. So what are the advantages (if any) of operating as a limited company as opposed to a sole trader recording self employment income as part of self assessment?

Froglike

Pondlife - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by geoffreywhereveryoumaybe View Post
    I didn't realise there was the ability to record self employment income on the self assessment return.

I have operated as a director of a limited company for decades. So what are the advantages (if any) of operating as a limited company as opposed to a sole trader recording self employment income as part of self assessment?
    Limited liability
    Dividends without NI
    A legal entity between you and the client/agency that they will deal with so that they are not liable for any employment taxes you decide not to pay

Godlike

Mordac is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by geoffreywhereveryoumaybe View Post

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

Well at least you picked the right part of the forum to admit your utter incompetence.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

bored now

eek is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Pondlife View Post
    Limited liability
    Dividends without NI
    A legal entity between you and the client/agency that they will deal with so that they are not liable for any employment taxes you decide not to pay
    Ability for agencies to find work for you without putting you on a payroll...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment