• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ltd Companies and Sel Employed -

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ltd Companies and Sel Employed -

I didn't realise there was the ability to record self employment income on the self assessment return.

I have operated as a director of a limited company for decades. So what are the advantages (if any) of operating as a limited company as opposed to a sole trader recording self employment income as part of self assessment?

Originally posted by geoffreywhereveryoumaybe View Post
    I didn't realise there was the ability to record self employment income on the self assessment return.

I have operated as a director of a limited company for decades. So what are the advantages (if any) of operating as a limited company as opposed to a sole trader recording self employment income as part of self assessment?
    Limited liability
    Dividends without NI
    A legal entity between you and the client/agency that they will deal with so that they are not liable for any employment taxes you decide not to pay

Comment

Originally posted by geoffreywhereveryoumaybe View Post

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Well at least you picked the right part of the forum to admit your utter incompetence.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          Limited liability
          Dividends without NI
          A legal entity between you and the client/agency that they will deal with so that they are not liable for any employment taxes you decide not to pay
          Ability for agencies to find work for you without putting you on a payroll...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
          X