• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has coronavirus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abz2020 View Post
    Here is the question:
    If I develop mild symptoms who should I call to get tested for COVID19?
    Because a friend had them - cough, short of breath and GP told him they dont test unless you are very unwell.
    BoJo has mild ones and is well but got tested.
    You don't get a test unless you are a priority. There isn't enough kit because the UK Gov didn't take this seriously as quickly as they should have and we all know it.

I currently have the more moderate symptoms. You may recall from my past post that I returned from Germany and realised the government advice was too conservative. After 10 days the fever began, then the dreaded dry cough, tightness in the chest and as if an adult was standing on my ribcage. For the mountaineers among us it reminded me of altitude sickness hypoxia in Nepal that I have previously experienced.

At one point I thought I should be in hospital due to the shortness of breath at rest during the night. Thankfully I didn't see my family since returning and am relying on video chat. I am on the mend now I think, but this virus comes in waves.

You have mild symptoms, then you may have moderate symptoms, followed by severe symptoms. You don't know the progression of your illness or what strain you have; you won't be getting tested unless you enter hospital.

My intention is to get two tests once all NHS workers are set up to receive their regularly - I don't wish to consume tests unnecessarily. Once I can prove no detectable viral load from the two tests I wish to help out in any way I can because I already know doctors who are off sick with this due to lack of facemasks, jupiter hoods and other PPE. Rather than learn the lesson of other countries we are repeating their mistakes.

TLDR: Don't consume a test unless you really need it. Once the NHS test situation is improved within a fortnight then take at least two tests to ensure the load is undetectable. You don't want to be an asymptomatic spreader who, despite best intentions, volunteers in your community but unknowingly infects others.

For the record: my Chinese business contacts, one of whom was unwell and hospitalised, had four tests over a week being being permitted discharge from the hospital. Compare that to the UK who can't even test all health workers as of right now due to lack of supplies.

Purposeful herd strategy by proxy 'ignorance'? It seems to me that this is the dangerous game here at play.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
      You don't get a test unless you are a priority. There isn't enough kit because the UK Gov didn't take this seriously as quickly as they should have and we all know it.

I currently have the more moderate symptoms. You may recall from my past post that I returned from Germany and realised the government advice was too conservative. After 10 days the fever began, then the dreaded dry cough, tightness in the chest and as if an adult was standing on my ribcage. For the mountaineers among us it reminded me of altitude sickness hypoxia in Nepal that I have previously experienced.

At one point I thought I should be in hospital due to the shortness of breath at rest during the night. Thankfully I didn't see my family since returning and am relying on video chat. I am on the mend now I think, but this virus comes in waves.

You have mild symptoms, then you may have moderate symptoms, followed by severe symptoms. You don't know the progression of your illness or what strain you have; you won't be getting tested unless you enter hospital.

My intention is to get two tests once all NHS workers are set up to receive their regularly - I don't wish to consume tests unnecessarily. Once I can prove no detectable viral load from the two tests I wish to help out in any way I can because I already know doctors who are off sick with this due to lack of facemasks, jupiter hoods and other PPE. Rather than learn the lesson of other countries we are repeating their mistakes.

TLDR: Don't consume a test unless you really need it. Once the NHS test situation is improved within a fortnight then take at least two tests to ensure the load is undetectable. You don't want to be an asymptomatic spreader who, despite best intentions, volunteers in your community but unknowingly infects others.

For the record: my Chinese business contacts, one of whom was unwell and hospitalised, had four tests over a week being being permitted discharge from the hospital. Compare that to the UK who can't even test all health workers as of right now due to lack of supplies.

Purposeful herd strategy by proxy 'ignorance'? It seems to me that this is the dangerous game here at play.
      I am not concerned so much if the virus will be gone from my body. It will be.
      I am concerned mainly that it can cause pneumonia. That untreated can cause long term problems.
      They dont test for COVID19, fine, but also they refused the guy an x-ray of his lungs.
      Do you believe BoJo only had a test and noting else?

Comment

Isolation isolation isolation - how hard can it be?

Just heard my mother n law (at risk group) went to the shopping or food this morning despite having several young yins around her offering to do it. I'm not holding back showing my disbelief.

What is it about the British being too proud to ask for help?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Isolation isolation isolation - how hard can it be?

Just heard my mother n law (at risk group) went to the shopping or food this morning despite having several young yins around her offering to do it. I'm not holding back showing my disbelief.

What is it about the British being too proud to ask for help?
          Not sure it's pride. It's more bloody-mindedness

Comment

Originally posted by abz2020 View Post
            I am not concerned so much if the virus will be gone from my body. It will be.
            I am concerned mainly that it can cause pneumonia. That untreated can cause long term problems.
            They dont test for COVID19, fine, but also they refused the guy an x-ray of his lungs.
            Do you believe BoJo only had a test and noting else?

As mentioned previously, I don't even know whether to believe he has had a test, has the virus or is feigning it.

Prime Minister has to stay indoors and isolate: good PR message
            Prime Minister has novel coronavirus and has recovered quickly - it was just mild: good PR message, stay strong dear country!

I don't know what to believe from them. When Trump tested negative did anybody doubt it in their mind? I know I did, especially when other members of his team tested positive - or did they? Perhaps nobody had it or they all had it?

I trust people without vested interests but I refuse to trust Boris's team or Trump's team.
            Last edited by rogerfederer; 27 March 2020, 12:53.

Comment

and now Matt Hancock tested positive!

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                and now Matt Hancock tested positive!
                At our local hospitals I know for a fact the health workers aren't being authorised for testing, even if they have symptoms of a dry cough. They're being told to get into work, as poeple are already off sick.

I appreciate these people are named as 'leaders' (in name only, they're tulip), but if you aren't outraged by doctors being disallowed testing at all - never mind when unwell - then there is something wrong.

Test the NHS frontline workers first, then worry about the PM or the cabinet. Although a physical wooden cabinet would likely prove more honest, decisive and effectual.

Comment

Good to see Boris managed to record a five minute video without the old persistent cough bothering him.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Cummings does a runner with the letters of last resort : https://twitter.com/AllieHBNews/stat...20576007872513
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

He's probably got the nuclear codes in his backpack.

Shouldn't someone be trying to catch him? He's obviously been in contact with someone confirmed positive. Get em! He's running amok spreading more than just his vile propaganda.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X