• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has coronavirus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
    As mentioned previously, I don't even know whether to believe he has had a test, has the virus or is feigning it.

Prime Minister has to stay indoors and isolate: good PR message
    Prime Minister has novel coronavirus and has recovered quickly - it was just mild: good PR message, stay strong dear country!

I don't know what to believe from them. When Trump tested negative did anybody doubt it in their mind? I know I did, especially when other members of his team tested positive - or did they? Perhaps nobody had it or they all had it?

I trust people without vested interests but I refuse to trust Boris's team or Trump's team.
    Johnson managed to talk through a 2-minute video without showing signs of a persistent cough. If you have a persistent cough, it tends to happen more when you speak.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Not sure it's pride. It's more bloody-mindedness
      That's my father-in-law.

I've bought him 12 bottles of Porter from Sam Smiths Brewery to stop him stressing and wanting to strangle the MIL.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I thought that too.. *tinfoil* hat , or is that pre-recorded?

Comment

So Cummings thinks "I need to get this buffoon out of the limelight while emphasising the need to stay at home"

I know, he says.............
          We got the Oystons out like we said we would

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            Good to see Boris managed to record a five minute video without the old persistent cough bothering him.
            I think he was 'advised' to get tested but the medical head honcho so maybe hasnt shown symptoms yet?

Ive had atypical pneumonia twice (the bacterial infection sort) and you just cant fight that cough. Gave me a hernia in fact. I'm on the skeptical bench of a good PR stunt.

Test, trace, isolate is the only way to go. How can you execute or analyse when you havent measured??

Lets hope the already understaffed and stretched NHS workers get through this ok, dont forget the other stuff they do on a day to day basis as well, Cancer, heart disease, RTA's, dementia etc.etc.etc. 10 years of austerity will now cost lives unfortunately.

Stay home, stay safe, keep others safe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
              Johnson managed to talk through a 2-minute video without showing signs of a persistent cough. If you have a persistent cough, it tends to happen more when you speak.
              Sturgeon will be pure fummin she never got it first.

Comment

I suppose I had better get used to the idea of losing unloved ones....

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyWayIsUp View Post
                  I think he was 'advised' to get tested but the medical head honcho so maybe hasnt shown symptoms yet?

Ive had atypical pneumonia twice (the bacterial infection sort) and you just cant fight that cough. Gave me a hernia in fact. I'm on the skeptical bench of a good PR stunt.
                  The only problem with your theory is that the cough that Covid-19 gives you isn't an atypical pneumonia cough. By the time you've got pneumonia, you won't be talking much at all.

First you get Covid-19, then you have a persistent dry cough and fever. Then, if you're unlucky, you develop pneumonia.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Now that the Prime Minister, the Health Secretary and the Chief Medical Officer all have Coronavirus only one of two things can be true; Either the advice they were giving was wrong and they should all be sacked for misinforming the nation and putting lives at risk OR They were not following their own advice and should be sacked for negligence.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      Now that the Prime Minister, the Health Secretary and the Chief Medical Officer all have Coronavirus only one of two things can be true; Either the advice they were giving was wrong and they should all be sacked for misinforming the nation and putting lives at risk OR They were not following their own advice and should be sacked for negligence.
                      Looking at how Boris Johnson showed washing his hands and how they all sat in parliament I suggest it is the latter.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X