• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus: Jeremy Corbyn says he was proved 'right' on public spending

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    It is a bit like choosing whether to be shot or stabbed, I'll admit, but I'll take Boris over Korbyn.
    It's nothing like that at all. Would much rather have Bojo at the helm. In terms of decision-making, Crobyn's been there with Abbott. Nuff said.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      How come he is 'SO' right on the money?
      He isn't, nor has he ever been. It probably only appears that way to the hard of thinking...............you being a good case in point.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Jeremy Corbyn: I should be in the news more.

I used to have a lot of respect for him (despite disagreeing with him on most things) but the longer he's in power the more he slides into populist political game-playing, like the rest of them.

I look forward to the day he returns to quietly work as a local MP, a job at which I am sure he is excellent.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Yeh, keep spending a fortune so you can deal with something that happens once in a generation, if at all. Typical lefty "logic"
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Jeremy Corbyn: I should be in the news more.

I used to have a lot of respect for him (despite disagreeing with him on most things) but the longer he's in power the more he slides into populist political game-playing, like the rest of them.

I look forward to the day he returns to quietly work as a local MP, a job at which I am sure he is excellent.
            Nah, it's more the less chance he has of being PM, the more free stuff he offers.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Nah, it's more the less chance he has of being PM, the more free stuff he offers.
              I'll stick my neck out and say that has dropped to zero. And I mean zero on the Kelvin scale.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I think this is very harsh, he does have a point. We are well behind standard with our public services compared to many European countries. It is Conservative policy to wind down the public sector as much as possible, and it is what our government has been doing for 10 years.

I'm personally fuming about all this pro Trump and pro Boris stuff, we've totally tried to bluff and deny our way out of it. The Lancet editor in chief is totally right.

We got our first case in february - and we are "Racing to get equipment to NHS nurses now, Racing to get tests" - It's going to cost far far more to follow this path. Lockdown straight away, have the kit ready and do it for 10 weeks. Instead we slept walked into being just another country for others to "Learn from".

I can't say Boris was the right choice when we've got NHS nurses greeting covid patients wearing crap plastic dinner lady tabbards and surgical masks. IT wouldnt have happened under a government not ran by an imbecile. Turning down assistance from the EU is also ridiculous.

Now I'm not a labour member or anything, before anyone starts having a go - this is beyond politics to me and indefensible, a scandal.

My disrespect for them is so strong, I'm even (I know, wrongly!) suspicious of Boris , Whitty and Hancock even having tested positive.

Last edited by Scoobos; 27 March 2020, 19:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                  The Lancet editor in chief is totally right.

On the 24th January the Lancet editor tweeted:

A call for caution please. Media are escalating anxiety by talking of a “killer virus” + “growing fears”. In truth, from what we currently know, 2019-nCoV has moderate transmissibility and relatively low pathogenicity. There is no reason to foster panic with exaggerated language.
                  Tweet tweet

So he aint exactly Nostradamus.

We've all got 20/20 hindsight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                    I think this is very harsh, he does have a point. We are well behind standard with our public services compared to many European countries. It is Conservative policy to wind down the public sector as much as possible, and it is what our government has been doing for 10 years.
                    I'm planning on doing a public sector rant tomorrow, it'll be based on my many tours of duty in the public sector over the last nearly 30 years, so make sure you tune in. We can have some fun. There's no proper sport happening, and I'm not blaming the government for that either. You can play along at home, including having a go at "guess how much the Royal Navy wasted on computers which were purchased for a software application which was delayed by more than 4 years?" After which point the computers didn't even have any scrap value. This was in the late 1990's. Closest guess wins a prize. Afterwards we can discuss the funding of public services. If you give them a fiver, they will spend a tenner, and ask you to lend them another fifty.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                      On the 24th January the Lancet editor tweeted:

Tweet tweet

So he aint exactly Nostradamus.

We've all got 20/20 hindsight.
                      Good post, I think the context would be important , if its saying its got the mortality of SARS or ebola or something. Also that's in January not February, when we saw it was coming. To be fair to the bloke, he did say from mid February when he made his attack. The picture I added above though, is pretty inexcusable and we were in trouble with the NHS due to excessive cutting and losing staff from overseas due to Brexit. (This has nothing to do with brexit, right wrong , just making the point that the sequence of events happened during leadership. We should have hired far more.)

But, I can't say anything with any authority on the guy as the first I heard of lancet was late last year ; but it is a very well respected and peer reviewed publication according to wikipedia.

I've been posting a Bill Gates podcast around, where he also makes this point - that it ISNT anywhere near as bad as it could be, but that doesn't mean it isnt serious because of it's contagiousness. If it were something with a 30% mortality rate - which may have been what he was countering.
                      Last edited by Scoobos; 28 March 2020, 13:57.

Comment

Working...
                      X