• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus: Jeremy Corbyn says he was proved 'right' on public spending

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Do you think Labour would have talen pandemic report seriously? No chance
    I think they probably would, if only to serve the rhetoric of highlighting how woefully prepared we are.

I thought the Conservative vs Labour argument was always that one 'wastes' by spending on stuff we might not need, trying to increase SoL for the populace as a whole / and one that 'believes there is no need for state public services' by only investing in things that improve GDP, or personal wealth for the 5% ?

It's surprising to me that people are even using this as a political slagging match; I'm upset at the hardline tories and labour supporters for trying to point score.

That said, just trying to observe with no bias, I can't really accept anyone pro Conservative who's trying to argue that we wouldn't be in a better place, if it weren't for 10 years of austerity; or by trying to justify 300bn to essentially prop up the economy , as 'having the money due to austerity' - we don't we are printing and borrowing it.

It's unwise to spend based on a political alignment at a time like this. We cannot have our cake and eat it , we need global co-operation and GOD FORBID, we need to start listening more to people with expertise on world subjects , rather than politicians, who sadly have very little SME at all.

<climbs down off soapbox>

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Do you think Labour would have talen pandemic report seriously? No chance
      Labour under Korbyn? Or Labour under a more centralist leader? Remember Sars?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
      X