• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Comparisons shopping in the supermarket - Germany / UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Not sure how they count spirits. I checked with one of the staff, who confirmed that it’s three bottles of beer, three bottles of wine and so on. You can’t have three red wines and three white, so maybe spirits are all lumped together in the same way?
    They did that because people were clearing out the bread and meat sections by getting 3 of each type.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'm going to do a walk past of the supermarkets just now. I've got enough food but if there is no queue I'll get the wife a bottle of plonk.

I'm swaying to go to the more deprived areas where they probably wash their hands less or to the richer areas where their levels of hygiene are better but probably mix with folk that ski in the alps.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I'm going to do a walk past of the supermarkets just now. I've got enough food but if there is no queue I'll get the wife a bottle of plonk.

I'm swaying to go to the more deprived areas where they probably wash their hands less or to the richer areas where their levels of hygiene are better but probably mix with folk that ski in the alps.
        If you know anything about the inhabitants of London boroughs, stick to the rich areas.

The sick rich people have space to self-isolate.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          If you know anything about the inhabitants of London boroughs, stick to the rich areas.

The sick rich people have space to self-isolate.
          That is true. They probably have lots of food as well to stay home.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            No zey don't
            ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Hope none of you have signed up as you are cynical bastards.

You aren't looking forward to Suity giving you a bed bath?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                Thai massage parlour
                All in NATO gas masks and rubber gloves. Not quite the same as before.
                Oh I dunno. Opens up a whole new fetish market that wasn't catered for before...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The Timpsons concession was closed too.
                  I thought key workers were exempt?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Yup - the love affair of cash in this country isn't going away anytime soon. Try using your card in a bier garten, the death stares will actually kill you.
                    No mate that's the Zyklon B.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Hope none of you have signed up as you are cynical bastards.
                      That's rather cynical...
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X