• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covid19 - Symptom Tracker for University Research

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
    I suggest you go read through all my posts; I doubt this sasguru is mentally capable with cretin traits as I'm sure is clear from my posting history, given I'm biploar.
    FTFY

Comment

Pinned.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Great idea why why waste time making two separate apps to maintain when it could be a simple web-page?
        Every SEO guy knows every barrier to entry has big effects on take-up.
        And, those most at-risk are disproportionately the demographic who don't have (or know how to use) mobile devices.

Humph.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Great idea why why waste time making two separate apps to maintain when it could be a simple web-page?
          Every SEO guy knows every barrier to entry has big effects on take-up.
          And, those most at-risk are disproportionately the demographic who don't have (or know how to use) mobile devices.

Humph.
          Pretty obvious I would say.

Numerous bad actors with to confuse the data and ruin the project. That's why akamai, cloudflare are used; limit VPN and ToR endpoints. Each google play and apple store device has a unique long strong identifier. This makes it easier to limit it to UK territory and stops fake accounts opening up lots of accounts and entering incorrect or random data. It also makes individual handsets of bad actors outlier data that can be binned if required.

Comment

NHS now have this: https://www.nhs.uk/coronavirus-status-checker/

How many people will put in dummy info just to skew the results?
            This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
              NHS now have this: https://www.nhs.uk/coronavirus-status-checker/

How many people will put in dummy info just to skew the results?
              Detecting fraud is standard practice for any website, particularly one collecting statistics. You check session cookies, IP addresses and define criteria to identify fraud. Suspicious activity is detected and the data rejected. Nothing to stop you entering in a bad result but that won't make any difference. You can only skew the result by sending in thousands of requests.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Slightly off topic but there is some suggestion that this has been in the UK since January or before.

Coronavirus 'Patient Zero' May Have Started Pandemic In November or Earlier

My son was ill over Christmas, assumed it was flu and seemed to get better only to go downhill again. Said it was the worst illness he's ever had. Symptoms indicated it could have been covid.

Just in case you haven't seen it, there's a more detailed map of deaths by local area:

Coronavirus UK - Stacked Bar Chart
                Last edited by xoggoth; 2 May 2020, 21:50.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Just in case you haven't seen it, there's a more detailed map of deaths by local area:

Coronavirus UK - Stacked Bar Chart
                  Having a quick nosy at that, locally the higher number of deaths do seem to be in areas with large care homes
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                  X