• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus: Virgin Atlantic to seek bailout in coming days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, if Richard Branson wants his airline to survive he can sell all of his private assets first before asking the tax payer for a bailout.

Whenever we are in situations like this there should be a way that the public can do a quick e-referendum about what to do. I bet most people will say balls to him (apart from employees and flight ticket holders).

Either let the airline sink or nationalise it and rename to British Atlantic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Really? No, genuinely, really? I know he has some land, but more than the Royals, are you absolutely sure?
      Why is James Dyson hoovering up land? – Who Owns England?
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Really? No, genuinely, really? I know he has some land, but more than the Royals, are you absolutely sure?
        From my impeccable sources

He might not own more land than all the Royals combined. But more farmland than any individual Royal.

The Queen owns more castles though.

Comment

Phillip Green wants one now...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Phillip Green wants one now...
            Isn't he in chokey?

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by The Janter Effect View Post
              Isn't he at sea?
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Airline passengers taking advantage of cheap flights to earn air miles in middle of coronavirus pandemic | The Independent

Comment

Fine, if they are still alive to use them .
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Fine, if they are still alive to use them .
                    What would Greta say?

I did hear she is unwell. But as soon as Corona goes away and the attention goes back onto her, she will be okay again...

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      What would Gretas parents say?

I did hear she is unwell. But as soon as Corona goes away and the attention goes back onto her, she will be okay again...
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X