• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Face Masks WTF!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Face Masks WTF!

I see a growing number of car drivers being the only occupant in the car wearing face masks. Is this some sort of status symbol?
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Alan Walker fans...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It is a bit pointless.

I was thinking about the protocol I'd follow if I had to drive up to HWMBO.

Essentially, inside the car is safe. Outside is enemy territory where I will need new gloves and face masks at each stop and a means of securing the used items so they don't contaminate the car. I don't believe that face masks do much other than be a "don't touch your face!" reminder which will be important when travelling outside my bubble.

No food or drink to be brought into the car other than what I can bring from my own home. So, no motorway service station snacks which will actually make the trip a heck of a lot cheaper.

Comment

I love this:

A medical fetish site says it has donated its entire stock of disposable scrubs to an NHS hospital that was “desperate” for supplies.

On Twitter, MedFetUK wrote:

We have been contacted this week by representatives of NHS procurement all over the country, trying to source basic protective equipment and clothing.
        MedFetUK sell medical grade equipment for all your kinky play needs

Black Latex Gloves - Long Cuff - MedFetUK
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

A friend of my wife's in China has offered to send us some facemasks.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            A friend of my wife's in China has offered to send us some facemasks.
            One careful owner?

Comment

Facemask in your car? I'll raise you facemask in my plane

(two weeks ago during a check flight with an instructor).

Comment

Why are they selling hair curlers?

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Why are they selling hair curlers?

Comment

I have to admit to doing it as I was forced to get an MOT on 27th , due to the new legislation. It meant a 100 mile drive each way to the only place that would do it, with a queue of people all in the same boat.

My household was told to lockdown (or self isolate) a week before the official one , due to us having someone on the high vulnerable list. As such, it's an absolute anxiety nightmare for me , as the 'go outer-er' to bring it home.

I've been in contact with 3 people who have had it (or in 111's words at the time - 95% likely) , 2 mild and fine & 1 quite serious (& confirmed, I should add); that was now, thankfully 14 days ago - but if I catch it, there's a good chance of hospitalisation for my loved ones.

I should also add that these are masks from DIY , with some charcoal strips ive made for underneath - not N95 or 99 as I'd be giving them to the NHS if I had any.

What the advice is, is that you should put your mask on and off as little as possible, if you do get enough virus on the outside of it, you contaminate your hands taking them on and off. So people keep them on, then dispose when they get out of the car.

I know its unsettling etc, but its cultural, and will probably change, especially in the coming months when we start trying to revert to normal (or as close as) as we can. In the countries that claim to be regaining control, its now law to wear them.

Anyhoo, I'd better go and chill, rather than spend my down day getting all hyper-vigilant and reading about it!
                    Last edited by Scoobos; 28 March 2020, 14:32.

Comment

Working...
                    X