• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Annual Pension payment due

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annual Pension payment due

Normally I pay annually in March to the Ltd Co Pension plan a tidy sum if the net balance is healthy.

Currently there is a healthy net balance but doesn't seem wise under current conditions to put that money in the pension in case this c virus lockdown goes on for much longer than autumn.

I think I can do back dated payments next year so good to play it safe for now.
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

so what?

Comment

I would be more worried in losing 25% pension if I made a lump payment now - after the current dead cat bounce

Have you noticed your pension pot has lost 30% in past few weeks ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Did anyone else get slightly aroused reading that?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Did anyone else get slightly aroused reading that?
          No, just you.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            I would be more worried in losing 25% pension if I made a lump payment now - after the current dead cat bounce

So what's your sentiment, the market will go down further or wait (and lose the opportunity for bargains) for recovery?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
              So what's your sentiment, the market will go down further or wait (and lose the opportunity for bargains) for recovery?
              I see the FTSE 100 hitting 3800 in 5 weeks time - get back in then

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

yeah that is a point. Luckily some of my pension is in cash as part of the old equitable life debacle where the funds are now with utmost.
                This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                X