• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    I’d give it to AtW though.
    you and Sandra the Squirrel. Kinky beast
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I was reading on twatter, (so take with a pinch of salt) about flights still coming into London with none of the passengers being checked for CV19.

If so makes it pointless the police telling people not to go for walks in the peak district.

This country.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
        I was reading on twatter, (so take with a pinch of salt) about flights still coming into London with none of the passengers being checked for CV19.

If so makes it pointless the police telling people not to go for walks in the peak district.

This country.

qh
        Yup...

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...st2751607.html

I guess we could leave UK nationals where they are, in foreign countries that don't want to support them as they have problems of their own. Also, we don't need tonnes of food to be imported as we're fully self sufficient.

Actually, having seen some reports, it does look like the FCO is abandoning people overseas as they claim there are sufficient commercial flights that they don't need to lay on transport. Never mind that the cost of said flights is prohibitively expensive.
        Last edited by ladymuck; 29 March 2020, 21:26.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Yup...

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...st2751607.html

I guess we could leave UK nationals where they are, in foreign countries that don't want to support them as they have problems of their own. Also, we don't need tonnes of food to be imported as we're fully self sufficient.
          14 days quarantine for anyone arriving now will be a good start.
          Cargo flights are still running for food import.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            14 days quarantine for anyone arriving now will be a good start.
            Cargo flights are still running for food import.
            There was at least one hotel stood up for such a thing but I suspect those have been stood down now.

Put the arrivals on a plague bus by flight, no mixing of arrivals, and ship them to a hotel for 14 days then let them go home.

Oh..imagine the uproar!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              There was at least one hotel stood up for such a thing but I suspect those have been stood down now.

Put the arrivals on a plague bus by flight, no mixing of arrivals, and ship them to a hotel for 14 days then let them go home.

Oh..imagine the uproar!
              Wascists!

Comment

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
                Shield the 1.5m and let the rest of us choose whether we carry on.

I'll sign a ventilator waiver.
                You can do that already ... just do yourself an Advanced Directive (aka Living Will).
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                X