New Forum created - Coronavirus Assistance New Forum created - Coronavirus Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak is always on top

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    20,438

    Default New Forum created - Coronavirus Assistance

    Admin has created a new sub-forum in Business/Contracts - Coronavirus Assistance

    It is for all coronavirus/COVID-19 questions and posts. This will be a central repository for questions and business posts. Hopefully we won't get repeated questions spread across the forum.

    It is a Professional sub-forum and due to his knowledge in this area, PC is provided with special protection. I will ban anyone who looks sideways at him if he chooses to give advice.

    That is all - carry on...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

  2. #2

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Paralytic is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnyCastro View Post
    Hi folks,

    Below is the response from my MP. I am working through and umbrella company. Is it up to them to get my monies sorted out? PAYE I have no idea if I am. I have contated them but they have no answer for me as yet.
    Any advice would be most appreciated!
    Your Umbrella (as your employer) should be your first port of call. What have they said? Do you have confirmation that your current situation is down to Covid? Were you employed by them as at 28/2? Have they said whether they can furlough you and can therefore continue to pay 80% of your salary? Have they said (and have you asked) if that is just the minimum wage element of your salary or the total taxable components?

    Tell us what you've found out so far and we can try fill in the gaps. But, it will need your Umbrella to furlough you, otherwise its Universal Credit.

  3. #3

    Godlike

    ladymuck is always on top

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paralytic View Post
    Your Umbrella (as your employer) should be your first port of call. What have they said? Do you have confirmation that your current situation is down to Covid? Were you employed by them as at 28/2? Have they said whether they can furlough you and can therefore continue to pay 80% of your salary? Have they said (and have you asked) if that is just the minimum wage element of your salary or the total taxable components?

    Tell us what you've found out so far and we can try fill in the gaps. But, it will need your Umbrella to furlough you, otherwise its Universal Credit.
    Eh?

  4. #4

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak is always on top

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    20,438

    Default

    Paralytic is replying to a post that's been deleted by the poster.

    It happens.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

  5. #5

    Godlike

    ladymuck is always on top

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    Paralytic is replying to a post that's been deleted by the poster.

    It happens.
    Oh

  6. #6

    Nervous Newbie

    JohnyCastro has no reputation


    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    6

    Default Origional Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Paralytic View Post
    Your Umbrella (as your employer) should be your first port of call. What have they said? Do you have confirmation that your current situation is down to Covid? Were you employed by them as at 28/2? Have they said whether they can furlough you and can therefore continue to pay 80% of your salary? Have they said (and have you asked) if that is just the minimum wage element of your salary or the total taxable components?

    Tell us what you've found out so far and we can try fill in the gaps. But, it will need your Umbrella to furlough you, otherwise its Universal Credit.
    ================================================== =================================

    Hi there,

    I have emailed my local MP about loss of earnings and this was his reply. Could you please advise.

    Kind regards,

    Stephen


    If you are paid by PAYE you are able to get the umbrella company or employer to claim for you under the Job Retention Scheme.

    If you are self employed there is the self employed reimbursement scheme.

    You can find the info here: Claim for your employee’s wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme - GOV.UK and COVID-19: support for businesses - GOV.UK

    The FSB is also very good Coronavirus (COVID-19): Advice and guidance for small businesses and the self-employed | FSB, The Federation of Small Businesses

    If you don’t fall into any of these categories than you can claim for Universal Credit.

    That’s the schemes at the moment.

    Good luck,

    Ian Murray MP

  7. #7

    Nervous Newbie

    JohnyCastro has no reputation


    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    6

    Default Latest from Umbrella

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnyCastro View Post
    ================================================== =================================

    Hi there,

    I have emailed my local MP about loss of earnings and this was his reply. Could you please advise.

    Kind regards,

    Stephen


    If you are paid by PAYE you are able to get the umbrella company or employer to claim for you under the Job Retention Scheme.

    If you are self employed there is the self employed reimbursement scheme.

    You can find the info here: Claim for your employee’s wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme - GOV.UK and COVID-19: support for businesses - GOV.UK

    The FSB is also very good Coronavirus (COVID-19): Advice and guidance for small businesses and the self-employed | FSB, The Federation of Small Businesses

    If you don’t fall into any of these categories than you can claim for Universal Credit.

    That’s the schemes at the moment.

    Good luck,

    Ian Murray MP
    ================================================== ===============================

    Hi Stephen,

    With regards to the government subsidy, we are still taking advise on how this all works, as we want the very best outcome for all the employee’s.

    Please can I ask that you bare with us a little longer, while we gather all information needed, from all sources, so we do not incorrectly quote anything.

    I will be back to you asap, with all information we can give, and need, to best help you at this time, many thanks in advance for your patience.


    Kind Regards

  8. #8

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43,582

    Default

    Mail them back and correct advise, bare, and asap, bold it and put FTFY at the bottom.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 1st April 2020 at 20:05.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  9. #9

    Nervous Newbie

    JohnyCastro has no reputation


    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    6

    Default FTFY

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Mail them back and correct advise and bare, and asap, bold it and put FTFY at the bottom.
    Have done and now I await their response with bated breadth.

    Cheers.

  10. #10

    My post count is Majestic

    MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

    MarillionFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    35,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    Admin has created a new sub-forum in Business/Contracts - Coronavirus Assistance

    It is for all coronavirus/COVID-19 questions and posts. This will be a central repository for questions and business posts. Hopefully we won't get repeated questions spread across the forum.

    It is a Professional sub-forum and due to his knowledge in this area, PC is provided with special protection. I will ban anyone who looks sideways at him if he chooses to give advice.

    That is all - carry on...
    Who's PC?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •