• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Booting Windows

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booting Windows

“ A driver flouted the coronavirus lockdown to pick up £15 windows with his wife in the boot of his car.

The man, who had bought the windows on eBay, was stopped by police on the M6 in Cheshire on Sunday after collecting his purchase in Salford.

Police said his wife had to sit in the boot as she "could not fit in the vehicle" for the return journey to Coventry.”

Coronavirus: Driver stopped on M6 lockdown trip with wife in boot - BBC News

FFS

Why did his missus go with him in the first place? I totally wouldn't have accepted being put in the boot.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      FFS

Why did his missus go with him in the first place? I totally wouldn't have accepted being put in the boot.
      Not even at a gunpoint?

Comment

FFS

I suspect he didn't realise / think about where in the car he would need to put the windows when he left on the outward journey.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Not even at a gunpoint?
          I would hope that a trip to buy some £15 windows wouldn't necessitate guns.

Comment

FFS

HWMBO has to put up with it...

Comment

I guess his wife never seen Jackie Brown...

Comment

Who says a man can't pack?
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I would hope that a trip to buy some £15 windows wouldn't necessitate guns.
                  How about if you were gagged and bound then?

Comment

Still wondering if I can sneak to Homebase for DIY stuff. Why are hardware stores still allowed to open if not? DIY is an essential way to cope with isolation. If I go mad and run around shooting people I shall blame my mental state on a lack of latches for my cupboard door.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X