• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would the last person standing...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I appreciate that the Government is incompetent regarding not starting things early enough when China was struggling.

But that incompetence could be many politician's downfall.

A competent German politician committed suicide at the weekend because of coronavirus - just bear that in mind.
    The incompetent would never consider the burden of responsibility be as great.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      The incompetent would never consider the burden of responsibility be as great.
      Possibly...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
        Again, I'm suspicious that he has it - it would be a good thing to say he's running away like the massive idjit he is, because he's positive - not because he's shat himself.

The public need to go to hospital , which today means we need to literally be turning blue, to get a test; and these slugs get them when they can just stay home- is annoying.
        I get why many think this, but at the end of the day these are the people running our country, and as much as we might not like them, their policies, did not vote for them, they are our leaders. As such, they get treated differently to us. If we feel so strongly about this, we should put ourselves forward for public office ourselves instead of just sitting on our arses and complaining.

Boris is a dick, Cummings (at best) a twunt, Raab a prime idiot but, they are in charge. At times like this we need someone in charge so we have a semblance of control (however loose) else we will have real chaos.

Suck it up chaps .... or go set yourself up as a saviour of the public and go and do something constructive rather than just whinging on a forum but adding zilch value.

You're welcome
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I get what you're saying, but you are doing this just the same as the rest of us.

Are you saying you've never complained on this forum, or we dont have a right to? Cos we do.

The fact these idiots get voted in is partly due to lack of criticism and intellectual (at times) debate , being a leader should put you in a position of increased scrutiny , not less.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            I appreciate that the Government is incompetent regarding not starting things early enough when China was struggling.

But that incompetence could be many politician's downfall.

A competent German politician committed suicide at the weekend because of coronavirus - just bear that in mind.
            There was a twitter feed on Saturday / yesterday which explained why the Government didn't do things earlier (sadly I can't find it atm)..

It's one reason why Governments are complaining about the information China provided everyone else, it sent everyone in the wrong direction until Italy started seeing cases and started providing more accurate information..

Heck 5 weeks ago I was looking at Easter in Milan while the twins were in Lourdes.
            Last edited by eek; 30 March 2020, 10:12.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

My vote is that these daily briefings do not include ANY politician. All they do is spin and bollocks. Lets have more of Whitty. Harries etc. Tell it as it is, that is what we need to hear and understand
              We got the Oystons out like we said we would

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                There was a twitter feed on Saturday / yesterday which explained why the Government didn't do things earlier (sadly I can't find it atm)..

It's one reason why Governments are complaining about the information China provided everyone else, it sent everyone in the wrong direction until Italy started seeing cases and started providing more accurate information..

Heck 5 weeks ago I was looking at Easter in Milan while the twins were in Lourdes.
                Hmmm, now that is interesting...
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                  I get what you're saying, but you are doing this just the same as the rest of us.

Are you saying you've never complained on this forum, or we dont have a right to? Cos we do.

The fact these idiots get voted in is partly due to lack of criticism and intellectual (at times) debate , being a leader should put you in a position of increased scrutiny , not less.
                  Fact based complaining is fine, but what you and others are doing is spreading rumours and scaremongering.

I didn't vote for this government, I don't support them, but under the current circumstances I wouldn't want their job either. Whatever they do someone like you will complain that they aren't doing the right thing. But worse, you're also coming up with conspiracy theories; it seems, unless Boris, Cummings or one of their team dies of Covid-19 you won't actually believe they have the virus, anything less and you'll keep spreading the rumours that it's all fake news.

You see what I'm saying?
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Trust in China, if it ever existed, has almost certainly reached a new low. Forget about your trade deals - I don't think China is appreciating the damage this will do to their economy or the wrath Western leaders will have for them. Exporting tat is one thing, exporting viruses.. It'll be years before cool heads return to the table.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

What happens if the whole Boris cabinet all succumb to the virus?

Who runs the country then? Who'd want to?
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X