• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A transparant marriage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A transparant marriage

Lockdown doesn't apply to me.. cause there's £15 windows on ebay and throws the wife in boot...

Pond scum.

A driver flouted the coronavirus lockdown to pick up £15 windows with his wife in the boot of his car.

The man, who had bought the windows on eBay, was stopped by police on the M6 in Cheshire on Sunday after collecting his purchase in Salford.

Police said his wife had to sit in the boot as she "could not fit in the vehicle" for the return journey to Coventry.

North West Motorway Police issued the man with a traffic offence report.

After the force tweeted news of the 220-mile round trip people reacted with a mixture of shock and disbelief.

Skip Twitter post by @NWmwaypolice
    A driver has travelled from Coventry to Salford to collect a £15 EBay purchase of windows. His wife could not fit in the vehicle so she was travelling in the boot for the return journey when stopped on the M6 Cheshire. The driver was given a TOR for the offence.

— North West Motorway Police (@NWmwaypolice) March 29, 2020
    End of Twitter post by @NWmwaypolice
    Anthony Collier said: "I am amazed at how many people are still making unnecessary journeys."

Jonny Evans quipped: "Maybe he saw a window of opportunity."

The government has banned all non-essential travel amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Road blocks have been set up in some parts of the country, with police stopping drivers to check their journeys are for an essential purpose.
    Coronavirus: Driver stopped on M6 lockdown trip with wife in boot - BBC News
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

KUATB

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

It's just spooter being a pane.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        It's just spooter being a pane.
        No need to tell us. We can see right through him.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Oh, and

It's transparent

Comment

Danke dir, zu oft tausche ich fälschlicherweise mein 'e' und 'a'. Really buggers up my spelling at times.

Today my daughter said to me 'today night' meaning this evening but she was obviously thinking 'Heute abend', and for the life of me I could not think of the English for 'today night'!! ARGH!!!
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Danke dir, zu oft tausche ich fälschlicherweise mein 'e' und 'a'. Really buggers up my spelling at times.

Today my daughter said to me 'today night' meaning this evening but she was obviously thinking 'Heute abend', and for the life of me I could not think of the English for 'today night'!! ARGH!!!
              You're telling us that you struggle with the English language like it's news.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                You're telling us that you struggle with the English language like it's news.
                You should try to fathom his German, it's rubbish.

It's almost as if there's a pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  You should try to fathom his German, it's rubbish.

It's almost as if there's a pattern.
                  Wo is der Heathrowthistlehotellen?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Wo is der Heathrowthistlehotellen?
                    What language was that supposed to be?

Comment

Working...
                    X