Goodbye to contracting... Goodbye to contracting... - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 45

Some things in Moderation

cojak is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    depends on the employer.

16 years on the dark side but enjoying the current employer.

My appraisal was the other day actually, but my Boss is a nice bloke and it was very pleasant. I might even get some more training.
    WVS.

I was very careful choosing who I wanted to go permie with. I'm with a small niche consultancy where you work with the owners and 1:1 aren't necessary as they see what you do all the time.

But small has it's downsides as well. Fortunately I have never lost my contractor mindset and view furlough/redundancy as just another fork in the road of life.

Unlike the non-contractor permies who are running around like headless chickens...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I am shortly to finish what will be, I think, my last ever contract role. (Been offered a perm role fairly close to home). What a really strange feeling. Do I have to leave the forum?
    Please don't

You are only young. Just see it as an exercise in upskilling and come back the market being able to charge higher rates soon.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Godlike

MaryPoppins is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    WVS.

I was very careful choosing who I wanted to go permie with. I'm with a small niche consultancy where you work with the owners and 1:1 aren't necessary as they see what you do all the time.

But small has it's downsides as well. Fortunately I have never lost my contractor mindset and view furlough/redundancy as just another fork in the road of life.

Unlike the non-contractor permies who are running around like headless chickens...
    This is my biggest concern, yup. I would never have considered a perm role with this company before current events and mayneed to keep my contractor mindset for a while yet as they may not survive the year.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Super poster

MyUserName is NOT a disguised employee

I am shortly to finish what will be, I think, my last ever contract role. (Been offered a perm role fairly close to home). What a really strange feeling. Do I have to leave the forum?
    I have been perm for years now. My previous place (which I left contracting for) was small and got bigger and then brought in BS appraisals where they told you how great you were rather than paying you more.

I left there and my current place gave me an appraisal last month which was telling me that as I had only been there 6 months I did not qualify for a pay rise but they were so happy with what I had been doing they were going to give me one anyway. The entire thing took less than 10 minutes.

You might be lucky and get a company like that in which case it is a breeze!
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Super poster

woohoo is a fount of knowledge

Good luck with going perm, at least come back and let us all know how it's going. Would also be good to find out how your annual appraisal goes.

Ducklike

Platypus is NOT a disguised employee

Aww don't leave!

And the very best of luck with the new role !! x

Godlike

MaryPoppins is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Good luck with going perm, at least come back and let us all know how it's going. Would also be good to find out how your annual appraisal goes.
    Thanks. It will be "Good work. Bad attitude."
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Contractor Among Contractors

Andy2 has more data than eek

Good Luck
    Contracting is finished anyway.
    Outside ir35 contracts are as rare as hen's teeth

Should post faster

DodgyAccountant is a permanent contractor

Close the door on your way out.

(only joking - contacting is a state of mind - one that TPTB don't like)

Should post faster

DodgyAccountant is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by vwdan View Post
    He immediately retorted with "Jesus Dan, it's not always about the money and promotion you know"
    Funny how the people with money and status say it isn't important.

If the money isn't important, please give some of it to me.