• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Goodbye to contracting...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you are only converting because they have annual Xmas parties?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      you are only converting because they have annual Xmas parties?
      I read the last bit of this sentence wrong, the anal xmas party, definitely sounds more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        I read the last bit of this sentence wrong, the anal xmas party, definitely sounds more interesting.
        If you say so... I'm sure GJABS would agree with you

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          If not a little more painful
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            But still less painful than 360 reviews and your annual appraisal.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I am shortly to finish what will be, I think, my last ever contract role. (Been offered a perm role fairly close to home). What a really strange feeling. Do I have to leave the forum?
              Hang around. I went permie 5 years ago, then returned to contracting 5 months later, stealing my emoloyers' client.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                WVS.

I was very careful choosing who I wanted to go permie with. I'm with a small niche consultancy where you work with the owners and 1:1 aren't necessary as they see what you do all the time.
                I'm 50% perm with a similar company, founded by contractors - but it grew and employed permies who feel unloved if they don't get appraised, so now everyone has one annually. I think it gives a couple of directors' partners something to do as well. (Pretendy HR managers).
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

That barbed strap-on was only meant as a novelty gift.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Hang around. I went permie 5 years ago, then returned to contracting 5 months later, stealing my emoloyers' client.
                    Did you run off together hand in hand?

Comment

Stick around. Keep the mindset ready for your appraisals, it's the only time you get to 'negotiate'. Working for larger places has an upside that you can move up/sideways into something more interesting.
                      I was a contractor for 30+ years and I can tell you that the client side has changed dramatically in that time.

Comment

Working...
                      X