• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Goodbye to contracting...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've stuck around to watch the PC and NLUK show mainly.

That and to see which way the future goes. FTCs on big bucks means hassle-free freelancing and is a step change from either dealing with umbrellas (no offence Lucy!) or having the faff of running a business that you haven't got time to grow because you're too busy living out of a suitcase.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I remember my permie days. I used to get 2.5% bonus while people higher up in the food chain got 10%.
      Never again

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
        I remember my permie days. I used to get 2.5% bonus while people higher up in the food chain got 10%.
        Never again
        I remember the bonus scheme always been redesigned in such a way that we never saw it (even though we were the most profitable part of the business)..
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          That barbed strap-on was only meant as a novelty gift.

bouquet of barbed arrgh?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            I am shortly to finish what will be, I think, my last ever contract role. (Been offered a perm role fairly close to home). What a really strange feeling. Do I have to leave the forum?
            Things change. You'll be back. I retired at xmas, 12 weeks later, shrunken pension pot, locked in, and a wfh contract offer comes along...….

Comment

Working...
            X