Quote Originally Posted by rogerfederer View Post
    There’s still hope.
    For my £20 - hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Godlike

ladymuck is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    For my £20 - hopefully

I'm guessing you're hoping to not have to repay rather than you being foolish enough to lend

More time posting than coding

Lost It has more data than eek

Default Very touched by the concern.. Thanks.

First no I don't live alone, there are dozens in my head...

And again I'm a lucky boy...

Yes I got it. I had a raging temp of 38 and above degrees for a day, I have a real life clinical thermometer made by Johnsons that I know to be accurate. I also had the head aches to match. I didn't take anything other than my normal cancer meds but found them hard to keep down. No point taking paracetamol because your body raises temp to fever pitch to help kill the bug, Paracetamol lowers your temp...

Then I had the cough, that cough is pretty horrible because you also finish up with a sore throat like you have been gargling with chunks of granite shavings, I coughed so much I managed to get a nose bleed once, not sure how that happened... But the sore throat means you can't talk, or really swallow food so I was on the "Soup" diet for a day or so. We only had Tomato soup in because of all the panic buying. So eventually moved on to gravy with bread soaked soldiers. It's food, of a kind. Scrambled egg too. Lots of cold milk. Really struggled with the meds during that stage.

Then I had the sleeps. Spent almost 20 hours asleep, then another day of falling asleep every time I sat down to watch You Tube, some really confusing programs on that thing when you fall asleep and wake occasionally. I was only waking for the loo, getting there on legs like jelly was a challenge but again it's the body's natural defence mechanism.

Then the aches. I'm 63 anyway, I've never really been kind to my body, coal mines, riding motorcycles all year no matter what the weather, arthritis, bike racing, glider flying, knackered knees all pale into insignificance when the aches start. Even hurts to breath but that's kind of essential? So I don't really know if I hurt more during this stage because my body is wearing out or whether that level of hurt is normal. Hope it was hurting more because of it in a way. I'm already on pretty heavy pain relief so there wasn't really anything I could take for that. Without making myself constipated.

Then finally I completely lost my sense of taste. And smell, appetite too. But again you have to feed the body to fight the bug so I just ate peppermint Aero's by the block and my daughter made me some garlic flavoured potato things. I hate garlic BTW because it always repeats on me. So I was belching garlic flavoured clumps of air for a while. That part is slowly coming back, I still don't have full sense of taste yet.

And finally you don't seem to just get this, it goes away and everything is fine. I have been absolutely knackered, had no interest in much at all, if I do anything I soon have to stop because I'm tiring really quickly. Breathing gets heavy, the usual signs. It's slowly getting back to where it was. No contact with my GP, my wife knew to call for help if I got worse.

And then last frigging Friday we got a letter from HMG telling me I should consider myself to be on the at risk register and Waitrose and Sainsbury's sent my daughter messages (as I had put her email down to respond in case I couldn't) that I was on the priority list for deliveries. Nice of them but we had been using the local shops for everything we needed. She still stuck orders in though, you never know.

Please keep safe people, you really don't want this bug. Stay the heck at home. Have to keep remembering that not everyone will go the whole hog with this, it effects men more than women, of a certain age range more or less, and if you have underlying conditions it's a bit more risky, we all know that. Do what you can to lower the risk is my advice.

So yesterday when my neighbour of 88 collapsed on hearing her daughters husband had died and I was called by a neighbour... I had to decide if it was safe for her for me to help out. But she was on her back in the garden so what do you do? I went around, collared her dog and got her lifted up, into her chair and left wifey there to look after her until the 111 service answered. Tricky one really.

When can I have my £20 back? Need some more Aero's.
    Last edited by Lost It; 8th April 2020 at 09:08.

More time posting than coding

Lost It has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Last seen Yesterday 15:10 Doesn't post every day anyway.
    I'll try to in future. Promise.

Godlike

ladymuck is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Lost It View Post
    I'll try to in future. Promise.

Glad to hear you're surviving. Haven't had a mint Aero in years!

(from a safe distance)
    Last edited by ladymuck; 8th April 2020 at 09:30.

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

cheers for updating us, glad you are feeling better!
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Still gathering requirements...

Hertsseasider is a permanent contractor

Take care Lost It, good to hear from you
    We got the Oystons out like we said we would