• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Frozen U.K. Home Market Leaves Buyers Wondering Where to Go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    Er, no they would not, just the interest component of the repayment increases (unless you're one of the very few who in on an interest-only deal).
    It shows how out of touch I am with the mortgage market. Last time I had one, interest-only was all the rage.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Reback’s problem is that he agreed to complete the sale of his existing five-bedroom home on April 6, but hasn’t exchanged contracts on the purchase of the new one. The sellers have now decided they don’t want to commit to moving because of the pandemic, he said.

Surely he's pulled a blinder financially if that is the case !? Or am I missing something. He's got a pre recession price for his and will be able to pick up a distressed sale somewhere along the line.

Comment

Er, no they would not, just the interest component of the repayment increases (unless you're one of the very few who in on an interest-only deal).

A £200K outstandling mortgage with 20 years term remaining is around £965 per month at 1.5%, jumping to around £1,200 at 3.86%.

I'd caution anyone taking advice (or even notice) from some on these pages who state with certainty where the market is going. They have a 50% chance of getting it right.
        Now here's someone who hasn't seen Scooter's graphs! They're great - one look and you'll be hooked on his expert advice
        Last edited by Whorty; 31 March 2020, 16:22.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          It shows how out of touch I am with the mortgage market. Last time I had one, interest-only was all the rage.
          My first mortgage was interest only with an endowment policy. Those dropped out of favour pretty sharpish.

Comment

A £200K outstandling mortgage with 20 years term remaining is around £965 per month at 1.5%, jumping to around £1,200 at 3.86%.

I'd caution anyone taking advice (or even notice) from some on these pages who state with certainty where the market is going. They have a 50% chance of getting it right.
            Warns about taking advice and then gives it in the next sentence

As I understood it the 'doubling overnight' was figurative, and not taken to mean a doubling of mortgage payments with a doubling of interest rates, I'd hope that was obvious.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Now here's someone who hasn't seen Scooter's graphs! They're great - one look and you'll be hooked on his expert advice
              They are hypnotic.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                They are hypnotic.
                They are something
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

UK housing market will crash within 6 months, so if cash rich hold tight till then.

I have no graphs readily available to illustrate this unfortunately.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                    Surely he's pulled a blinder financially if that is the case !? Or am I missing something. He's got a pre recession price for his and will be able to pick up a distressed sale somewhere along the line.
                    With nowhere to live until then....

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      UK housing market will crash within 6 months, so if cash rich hold tight till then.

I have no graphs readily available to illustrate this unfortunately.

The market will also be in a downtrend for 3-4 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X