• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Transport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transport

Source: UK 'not out of the woods' on coronavirus - BBC News

So based on that we are really looking at more or less real start of lockdown more or less NOW, not 2 weeks ago - only NOW transport numbers getting where they should be (close to zero).

Anecdotically cars near my street seem to be a lot less frequent in the last few days, but not a week ago.

and do we GAF?

probably not, eh?

Comment

So if you're wanting ZERO transport movements, exactly how do those nurses get to work?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Anecdotically cars near my street seem to be a lot less frequent in the last few days, but not a week ago.

That is because the kebab shop has closed!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          So if you're wanting ZERO transport movements, exactly how do those nurses get to work?
          I said close to zero.

Nurses should have been put in nearby hotels (which are empty anyway), get full food there etc - this would have reduced possible exposure to virus of their families.

At least those nurses who shown any symptons, shoudl have been allowed to self-isolate in designated hotels.

Comment

oh, STFU will you?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              and do we GAF?

probably not, eh?
              Well maybe you don't give a tulip when this tulip ends, but I do.

Based on that traffic data we are literally at start of lockdown, so 2-3 weeks till peak makes sense actually.

Comment

I said close to zero.

Nurses should have been put in nearby hotels (which are empty anyway), get full food there etc - this would have reduced possible exposure to virus of their families.

At least those nurses who shown any symptons, shoudl have been allowed to self-isolate in designated hotels.
                Those hotels that have closed?

And who cleans the hotels? How do they get to work? Where do the hotel supplies come from? How do the suppliers get to work?

Comment

Well maybe you don't give a tulip when this tulip ends, but I do.

Based on that traffic data we are literally at start of lockdown, so 2-3 weeks till peak makes sense actually.
                  and your constant doom laden posts will fix things? - how?
                  STFU or feck off back to mother russia.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Those hotels that have closed? And who cleans the hotels? How do they get to work? Where do the hotel supplies come from? How do the suppliers get to work?
                    All answers to these questions should have been readily available in Pandemin Reaction WhiteBook (or whatever colour they use), this should have been all prepared in advance ready to deploy WHEN tulip hits the fan like it did. It's not like it's unpredictable that healthcare staff will first to catch virus from patients, and safeguarding staff should be a priority in such situations.

It's all fooking easily predictable - and cheap to prepare in advance when the demand for materials is low.

Comment

Working...
                    X