• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Transport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    All answers to these questions should have been readily available in Pandemin Reaction WhiteBook (or whatever colour they use), this should have been all prepared in advance ready to deploy WHEN tulip hits the fan like it did. It's not like it's unpredictable that healthcare staff will first to catch virus from patients, and safeguarding staff should be a priority in such situations.

It's all fooking easily predictable - and cheap to prepare in advance when the demand for materials is low.
    I think it was a Pangolin...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I think it was a Pangolin...
      "A" Pangolin? If by "Pangolin" you mean "Germ Warfare", then I agree.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        "A" Pangolin? If by "Pangolin" you mean "Germ Warfare", then I agree.
        Aw. Ziggy's got a lovely tin-foil hat there.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Those hotels that have closed?

And who cleans the hotels? How do they get to work? Where do the hotel supplies come from? How do the suppliers get to work?
          Its obvious, they're put up in hotels near to the hotels where the nurses are locked up.

Comment

It's hotels all the way

Comment

I said close to zero.

Nurses should have been put in nearby hotels (which are empty anyway), get full food there etc - this would have reduced possible exposure to virus of their families.

At least those nurses who shown any symptons, shoudl have been allowed to self-isolate in designated hotels.
              Yeah, that seems fair enough ...... oy, you, nurse, thanks for all the help and sacrifice. We're going to banish you away from your family in a hotel for the next 3 months. What do you mean you have a husband* and kids? You should have thought about that before you became a nurse!

* for my example I've assumed a female nurse
              Last edited by Whorty; 1 April 2020, 12:59.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                Yeah, that seems fair enough ...... oy, you, nurse, thanks for all the help and sacrifice. We're going to banish you away from your family in a hotel for the next 3 months. What do you mean you have a husband* and kids? You should have thought about that before you became a nurse!

* for my example I've assumed a female nurse

You might be right or some male nurses, it is the 21st century
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Boris - transport use increased

https://twitter.com/borisjohnson/sta...38434128924672

Comment

Solution - petrol station only selling fuel to vehicles with Govt issued permits

Comment

Solution - petrol station only selling fuel to vehicles with Govt issued permits
                      How do you get to the out-of-town supermarket to get your supplies?

Comment

Working...
                      X