• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Transport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
    Actually isn't the whole point of socially distancing etc is to prolong the pain and flatten the curve. We could have all this over and done with in a few weeks taking the other option. The current strategy is going to see rolling restrictions for well over a year it seems.

Not suggesting we should take the other option like...
    We don't have enough morgues or capacity for body disposal - that is the real reason for flattening the curve.

Hth.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Well there is a simple solution for this too - card payments only, and card acceptance spread out by weekday based on name on the card - can be enforced by card acquirer.

Throw in some face recognition and we are sorteeeed.

See, all can be solved if there is a will.
      What about those, like my sister who is shopping for herself, me, an elderly neighbour & another at risk?
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
        What about those, like my sister who is shopping for herself, me, an elderly neighbour & another at risk?
        Don't assume "Joined Up Thinking" when having a discussion with AtW.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          Don't assume "Joined Up Thinking" when having a discussion with AtW.
          I assumed "Squirrel in short skirt" thinking.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Sissy would be right.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
              Special pass - as long as she buys in bulk rather than making x4 trips. And after it’s over she should get a medal.

Comment

Yes it does - bank who issued the card says yeah or nay, they got name/address.
                Much of the time your bank is not even part of the authorization procedure. It's called STIP. This whole idea is nonsense if you know the slightest bit about credit card authorizations.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Just because I'm missing greenlake....

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
                    Much of the time your bank is not even part of the authorization procedure. It's called STIP. This whole idea is nonsense if you know the slightest bit about credit card authorizations.
                    Look, do you want to solve problem or just be a loser who says it can’t be? There is card number, expiry date - anything to semi-enforce spread out of behaviour, heck - online booking of slots to visit particular shop to control density.

Can do fooking attitude, that’s what needed

Comment

Look, do you want to solve problem or just be a loser who says it can’t be? There is card number, expiry date - anything to semi-enforce spread out of behaviour, heck - online booking of slots to visit particular shop to control density.

Can do fooking attitude, that’s what needed
                      Then do it....stop ******* moaning about it
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X