• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Transport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Then do it....stop ******* moaning about it
    I’ve done it - staying at home 24/7

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      At least the doner kebab smell from below will overwhelm the stench of fetid squirrel jizz.

Comment

Look, do you want to solve problem or just be a loser who says it can’t be? There is card number, expiry date - anything to semi-enforce spread out of behaviour, heck - online booking of slots to visit particular shop to control density.

Can do fooking attitude, that’s what needed
        Oh sorry, I thought we were talking about facts and the way credit card authorizations work. My mistake, carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
          Oh sorry, I thought we were talking about facts and the way credit card authorizations work. My mistake, carry on.

Comment

Going out on a limb, but staying off here 24/7 would reduce your stress levels.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Going out on a limb, but staying off here 24/7 would reduce your stress levels.
              Not for me it ain’t

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
                Much of the time your bank is not even part of the authorization procedure. It's called STIP. This whole idea is nonsense if you know the slightest bit about credit card authorizations.

So my bank doesn't get a feed of the transactions to add them to my bank statement? The credit card company can link the transaction back to the POS terminal?

Strange because when I ask them they seem to know those things.

It doesn't have to be real time. A few prosecutions pour encourager les autres.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Massive retrospective fines for cards used on wrong day

Or ask for ID to buy stuff

Comment

I only got to Page 4 of this steaming turd of a thread, but AtW, what do you think the first two C's mean in CCTV?

What makes you think the government have access to, or it would be trivial to provide access to, the vast majority of CCTV in this country?

We are a CCTV heavy nation, but the vast majority of it (I'll go and get some stats in a moment) are not government owned. And even if they were, you can't just expect every random camera to work with decent optical recognition. Low framerates, low resolution, poor low light etc would all add up to something pretty useless.

Most ANPR kit is dedicated hardware, and the newer software driven stuff relies on pretty decent imaging.

In fact, overall AtW, you seem to have some very science fiction lead ideas of how things work.
                    Last edited by vwdan; 3 April 2020, 12:26.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                      I only got to Page 4 of this steaming turd of a thread, but AtW, what do you think the first two C's mean in CCTV?

What makes you think the government have access to, or it would be trivial to provide access to, the vast majority of CCTV in this country?
                      The distant sound of a little mustachioed chap foogling...
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X