• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Transport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    In fact, overall AtW, you seem to have some very science fiction lead ideas of how things work.
    The science fiction bit is global pandemic with near total lockdown, now that's science fiction.

What I talked about is totally easily doable in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      And even if they were, you can't just expect every random camera to work with decent optical recognition. Low framerates, low resolution, poor low light etc would all add up to something pretty useless.

Most ANPR kit is dedicated hardware, and the newer software driven stuff relies on pretty decent imaging.

In fact, overall AtW, you seem to have some very science fiction lead ideas of how things work.
      Haven't you seen the movies. You just ask the tech guy to "zoom in" and (after a few random key presses, of course) the smart computer thingy fills in the gaps and provides a fully detailed car registration number/facial match/type of watch/shirt embroidery from the low-res source video!
      Last edited by Paralytic; 3 April 2020, 14:30.

Comment

Proof I guess is that given a serious crime, caught on this omnipresent CCTV, pops up on Crimewatch 2 years later unsolved ….

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          So my bank doesn't get a feed of the transactions to add them to my bank statement? The credit card company can link the transaction back to the POS terminal?

Strange because when I ask them they seem to know those things.

It doesn't have to be real time. A few prosecutions pour encourager les autres.
          Your bank does eventually get all that information but for many transactions they simply don't bother asking the bank if they approve your purchase of a 50p roll of polo mints and approve it automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
            Your bank does eventually get all that information but for many transactions they simply don't bother asking the bank if they approve your purchase of a 50p roll of polo mints and approve it automatically.

eventually being T+3 i.e. 4 working days.

Your guide to contactless card payments | emerchantpay

We don't need to stop the transaction we just need to register it and then send a fine a reasonable time after like a speeding ticket.

So I break curfew, spend 50p on Polos and get a curfew ticket within 14 days. Sorted.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Who does the analysis, to confirm a fine is due, and issues the fine?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

its just data so it an be automated just like speeding fines.

Comment

Jeez, you sound like so many clients I've had in the past. Stop asking questions and just implement the half-baked solution I've got in my head!
                  Last edited by Paralytic; 3 April 2020, 15:52.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    its just data so it an be automated just like speeding fines.
                    Under GDPR I have a right to not have decisions made by automation, or some such

Comment

Under GDPR I have a right to not have decisions made by automation, or some such

only if you aren't an excluded organisation

Comment

Working...
                      X