• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronovirus - Do You Think Your Government is Doing a Good Job?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    We are relying solely on you FLC
    you may as well top yersel noo, then.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Much longer going forward? This is only fixed when everyone has had it and we hit herd immunity - which means you can't delay things or stop things from occurring you need to careful time everything so that as each batch of people get it you don't swamp the NHS.

And that requires a lot of very careful timing as doing thing early would just result in problems later.
      Yep, gonna be 6 months + now.

Anyway, seems like it will come back again, even to the same people, it seems unsure if people actually get an immunity.
      I have only had one virus, albeit a mosquito transmitted one and it returned 2 months after I had it the first time.

Acting earlier, with testing and isolation would have meant we wouldn't be where we are now, therefore less stress on the NHS.

Immunity can also be achieved by making sure people do not get the viral load required to get sick in the first place, however they then can become an asymptomatic carrier like 50% of the people tested in Iceland.
      Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 31 March 2020, 19:06.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        and HOW, pray tell, are you going to fix this?
        by wittering on here with all the other twats?
        I'll fall under the other twats.

By having open discussion, and gaining reassurance to join public pressure and opinion. Let's be honest about this, it was "all the other twats" that effectively pressured Boris into not going with the stupid idea of "Do nothing" and "Herd Immunity", and , it could argued , the lockdown came from pressure from GP's / Universities that all wrote in the weekend before; along with the general public.

I'm not on here saying millions to die or any of that gubbins ; just saying we tried to have our cake and eat it and it needs to be remembered for when this is all over and politics matters again.

For now, we're ok, but Lockdown still isn't strong enough for me, we really shouldn't be taking flights in; until our guys have the proper kit to deal with them. It will lead to unnecessary infections.

Also, people talking about herd immunity, I understand it, but surely its a better idea to try and control the rate of infection and remember we are living in 2020 and a vaccine, in real terms, will not be that far away at all. This protects vulnerable human beings. 12 months worst case with the amount of money this will make.

<twat out> .
        Last edited by Scoobos; 31 March 2020, 21:40.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Yep, gonna be 6 months + now.

Anyway, seems like it will come back again, even to the same people, it seems unsure if people actually get an immunity.
          There's no factual evidence to suggest that's the case, it's heresay. We don't know , the people who 'tested positive twice' put doubt on the reliability of tests as much as they do the chance of re-infection.

Lets just wait and see what the tests come back from our own work. The fact that Whitty was talking about it being seasonal is all "It might be" and far too bloody casual for him to be saying. There's no evidence of much , as its 12 weeks old and we've only recently had to deal with its type.

This is not SARS or MERS , its worth keeping that in perspective; but of course to take it seriously because it can and does kill and make a lot of people sick at the same time.

Everything will be fine, that's the main thing - but yeah , I agree that our response was one for others to learn from, not one to follow.

Comment

I think of the government had acted earlier, people might have rebelled because it didn't seem real/relevant back then.

Prudence and realism don't always go hand in hand!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I think of the government had acted earlier, people might have rebelled because it didn't seem real/relevant back then.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
              Exactly. There would be like 1 or 2 confirmed UK infections and we'd be closing the borders. There would be utter outrage from holiday makers planning a cheap winter getaway in Benidorm.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                They gave enough info - genetic sequence very early on, their actiosn were speaking louder than any words - building hospitals in 10 days, locking down massive London sized cities.

Plus why the **** anybody expected Communist party to be honest? There was enough info read between the lines, it's just nobody gave a fook hoping somebody else will do all the work (like it was with first SARS, MERS).

Fooking incompenent fooks who won't have stockpile if PPEs always ready for the unknown, testing equipment ready to roll out at moments notice - all that would have cost fook all compared to current crisis, and it's not like in PANDEMIC mode supply chains could have been expected to hold, especially as many of them are in China.
                I sense... anger.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Don't worry, they're getting there:

The UK government is aiming to test 25,000 a day for Covid-19 within a fortnight, housing minister Robert Jenrick has said. Downing Street is facing mounting criticism over a perceived lack of testing compared to other nations, with only 143,186 carried out to date.

Asked when the country will be up to 25,000 tests a day, Jenrick told Sky’s Kay Burley: “We’ve said that we hope to be in that position by mid-April. We think within days we’ll be able to go from our present capacity, as I say, of 12,750, to 15,000. So that’s a significant increase but still not as far as we’d like it to be.

“And then mid April is when we expect to be at 25,000. But we now do have enough tests, and this is an important point I was trying to make, to test not just those patients in critical care but to begin to test NHS staff which is obviously absolutely essential.”
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

It's a bit of a muddle but that's the British way.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

They just needed to put predicted deaths on the side of a bus and the public would have lapped it up. Buses don't lie.

Comment

Working...
                      X