• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronovirus - Do You Think Your Government is Doing a Good Job?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Isolating on your own then
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Has the scumverment done a good job?

Nope.
      Cripes, I've been avoiding the newspapers on purpose - but that picture of the paramedics in the dinner lady style plastic aprons and surgical masks is just not acceptable at all. I realise they have got to go to work, they are in no position to down tools, but they must be absolutely tulipting themselves.

They are more likely to have to deal with coughing hacking in your face casualties , trying to move them into an ambulance ; than your average nurse tending to someone laid in bed.

How hard is it to get people kit to WHO standard? Right, I'm now avoiding these threads for the rest of the day , depressing.
      Last edited by Scoobos; 1 April 2020, 16:31.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Isolating on your own then
        YouTube

OOO, as I've just posted on a forum, time for a reward. That counts as work, right?

Comment

Yep, he was saying the tube was completely safe for one

That was during the time I was consciously avoiding it.
          That is bad.

Comment

Yep, he was saying the tube was completely safe for one

That was during the time I was consciously avoiding it.
            He was repeating what public health doctors said to him.

As a politician you repeat what your medical and science experts say, then if they get it wrong it is them that lose face not you.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

FFS - that slogan is doing my head in.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                He was repeating what public health doctors said to him.

As a politician you repeat what your medical and science experts say, then if they get it wrong it is them that lose face not you.
                Shame he then cut the service by half, just a week later then.

Also, the Picadilly line serves Heathrow picking up the, unchecked, possibly infected to mix with essential staff travelling to the many hospitals enroute.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Wtf is wrong with some of you here?

Journalist: Asks a clear question
                  UK Gov: Public relations exercise, no clear answers

Journalist: Can you please provide an approximate date or week when you will achieve the 250,000 tests per day
                  UK Gov: We are committed to our NHS frontline staff and will increase testing in the coming weeks

What's wrong with you lot? Do you not see that most questions aren't getting answered by the ever changing UK Government representatives?

If this was a business and the business consistently behaved this way you would rightly point this out. NHS frontline staff are still complaining that they don't even have the correct PPE or enough of this incorrect PPE, nevermind the appropriate PPE, yet the UK Gov are putting a distribution spin on it.

Let's call it what it is: it's the UK Government lying.

Lying consistently and as frequently as before, using spin to the extent that a sizeable number of people doubt the prime minister is even unwell. That's how serious this is: we can't even trust what we are told as the story changes all the time. I currently have a moderate case of Covid19 and those who I have videocalled, to check they are ok, all have the undisguisable very dry cough the more they talk.

Who do we trust more? The GP and hospital doctors stating matter of facts regarding PPE shortages - shortages being NONE in many locations after 2 weeks of useless promises - and their staff aren't able to be tested in most locations, even when they are already with suspected systems. There are multiple mutations of this virus and testing, testing, testing is the WHO guidance.

Some of you act like this a football match and you're defending your team colour regardless of logic; it's pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
                    Some of you act like this a football match and you're defending your team colour regardless of logic; it's pathetic.
                    This, unfortunately
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Totally different approach in the Philippines

'Shoot them dead': Duterte orders troops to kill quarantine violators
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X