• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronovirus - Do You Think Your Government is Doing a Good Job?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Built of different stuff to the plebs .

Funnily enough there was always a plan in place that 2 PR/Data Science type spooks were going to take over should Cummings and/or Hancock get ill.

These guys were used to run the Brexit campaign, analyse social media data etc. to judge the publics response and manipulate accordingly.

A cynical man would suggest that the Government's PR campaign was continuing to go badly, after the fall of Johnson, so Cummings and Hancock were stood down, using Corona as the perfect excuse.

Notice how the signage was changed on the lecturns, that was probably the 1st change in their approach.
    Are you talking about the 'Nudge Unit' here?

Behavioural Insights Team - GOV.UK

Used very heavily during the referendum. A couple days ago there was a letter from a couple of behavioural scientists arguing against some of the government's actions, wouldn't surprise me if they were part of the infamous Nudge Unit.

They are still heavily relied upon by certain parts of the government, particularly the unelected members of it ....
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      They didn't get it wrong - they were lied to:

YouTube
      Posting a link to an australian TV channel about the behaviour of the chinese doesn't really work , on many levels.

China have fudged the figures and also have witheld stuff in DECEMBER or at the latest very early January. Once they realised the scale of what was happening they very quickly came clean and gave the WHO the genome sequence and everything they had. (once they knew the repercussions that are likely to happen , politically and economically, if they weren't seen to show their hand, research wise). (Time magazine on January 24th , the video is a record of the world knowledge at that time - The Role of Wild Animals in the Wuhan Coronavirus Outbreak | Time).

They are clearly hiding the scale of it, given Wuhan was totally unprepared and went through what you would assume was a sizeable amount of time with it spreading rampantly; as no one knew it existed.

But, this line of "China weren't entirely honest with us" that seems to be getting pushed a bit; only works until mid Jan - at very best. 28th Jan was the first human to human in Europe. We've known since then , I watched it unfold on Liveleak etc with many others and the governments of Europe knew. We all just went through the same human emotion and routines as each other (up until the UK) of denial , it'll never happen - to we will go out during lockdown, to today when everyones taking it seriously because the health services are seeing into their own hell.

Perspective is needed also though, its a 4 week long virus (fact check might be needed, I've seen this said a lot though) - it affects a few percent at best in the population. Lockdown , properly - for 6 to 12 weeks , take the hit on international flights and trade - TEST TEST TEST , allow the cleared to return to work. Seems so simple with hindsight, but better than blunder through it doing nothing entirely decisive, like brexit. Just "Get lockdown & PPE For medics done" Boris ffs.

I'm banging on again here, but to not have PPE ready , whether you were using it or not, in mid February and try and 'do nothing' - is just denial and poor leadership, very poor leadership , in my view.
      Last edited by Scoobos; 1 April 2020, 22:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
        Posting a link to an australian TV channel about the behaviour of the chinese doesn't really work , on many levels.

China have fudged the figures and also have witheld stuff in DECEMBER or at the latest very early January. Once they realised the scale of what was happening they very quickly came clean and gave the WHO the genome sequence and everything they had. (once they knew the repercussions that are likely to happen , politically and economically, if they weren't seen to show their hand, research wise). (Time magazine on January 24th , the video is a record of the world knowledge at that time - The Role of Wild Animals in the Wuhan Coronavirus Outbreak | Time).

They are clearly hiding the scale of it, given Wuhan was totally unprepared and went through what you would assume was a sizeable amount of time with it spreading rampantly; as no one knew it existed.

But, this line of "China weren't entirely honest with us" that seems to be getting pushed a bit; only works until mid Jan - at very best. 28th Jan was the first human to human in Europe. We've known since then , I watched it unfold on Liveleak etc with many others and the governments of Europe knew. We all just went through the same human emotion and routines as each other (up until the UK) of denial , it'll never happen - to we will go out during lockdown, to today when everyones taking it seriously because the health services are seeing into their own hell.

Perspective is needed also though, its a 4 week long virus (fact check might be needed, I've seen this said a lot though) - it affects a few percent at best in the population. Lockdown , properly - for 6 to 12 weeks , take the hit on international flights and trade - TEST TEST TEST , allow the cleared to return to work. Seems so simple with hindsight, but better than blunder through it doing nothing entirely decisive, like brexit. Just "Get lockdown & PPE For medics done" Boris ffs.

I'm banging on again here, but to not have PPE ready , whether you were using it or not, in mid February and try and 'do nothing' - is just denial and poor leadership, very poor leadership , in my view.
        China are lying bastards - don’t believe a word of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I agree, I thought I kind of said that. They aren't lying about the Genome sequence, as too many people have seen it - it would have come out if they messed with that.

But yeah, it's inconceivable that the numbers are right, for a start. But it doesnt detract from the issue of saying that , because of their delay, we delayed - because it didn't really get here until Mid February .

Comment

I agree, I thought I kind of said that. They aren't lying about the Genome sequence, as too many people have seen it - it would have come out if they messed with that.

But yeah, it's inconceivable that the numbers are right, for a start. But it doesnt detract from the issue of saying that , because of their delay, we delayed - because it didn't really get here until Mid February .
            Agree with that - I worry that China Bull tulip data is still used in models.

Boycott China.

Comment

China are lying bastards.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...mpression=true

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Are you talking about the 'Nudge Unit' here?

Behavioural Insights Team - GOV.UK

Used very heavily during the referendum. A couple days ago there was a letter from a couple of behavioural scientists arguing against some of the government's actions, wouldn't surprise me if they were part of the infamous Nudge Unit.

They are still heavily relied upon by certain parts of the government, particularly the unelected members of it ....
                These guys, sorry made a mistake earlier, one was planned to replace Cummings, not Hancock.....

Downing Street calls in election gurus to overhaul coronavirus comms

Looks like they are all very much work in progress especially Raab
                Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 1 April 2020, 22:22.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

It was here early Feb, latest, we imported it in ourselves most likely

Coronavirus evacuation coach driver was told not to wear hazmat suit - Mirror Online
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Chinese laboratory that first shared coronavirus genome with world ordered to close for ‘rectification’, hindering its Covid-19 research | South China Morning Post

Apparently China only "released" the genome after it was leaked by a lab (which they immediately shut down.)

Comment

Instead of a clap of honour, people stand outside and burn this rag which has supported the Tories during their austerity drive causing the cutbacks to the NHS and other areas resulting in the shambles that is currently happening?

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X