• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not Made in China

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're a sovereign state. Surely it's up to them how they run their business? Or do you think they should have someone else make the rules for them to follow?
    If they expect reciprocal trade arrangements, yes.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

This is a massive opportunity for India imho. If they can get their manufacturing ramped up, they can concentrate on that and we can be free of their IT consultants, all in one move.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        This is a massive opportunity for India imho. If they can get their manufacturing ramped up, they can concentrate on that and we can be free of their IT consultants, all in one move.
        Massive outbreak in India incoming unfortunately .
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Massive outbreak in India incoming unfortunately .
          I was coming more from the point of a lack of ill-will against them from a world point of view (apart from Pakistan obviously!)
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            They're a sovereign state. Surely it's up to them how they run their business? Or do you think they should have someone else make the rules for them to follow?
            Very true. But we can stop buying their tulip.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              I was coming more from the point of a lack of ill-will against them from a world point of view (apart from Pakistan obviously!)
              True, apart from Mondi being a complete twunt and the big riots that were previously going on.

Dangerous place when it kicks off there, as I have personally witnessed.

You don't want to have a car accident there for example
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                True, apart from Mondi being a complete twunt and the big riots that were previously going on.

Dangerous place when it kicks off there, as I have personally witnessed.

You don't want to have a car accident there for example
                At least they don't leak bat virus shizz.

Comment

More than likely irrelevant for the UK after the end of the year, look for the UKCA mark instead

Withdrawn until 2021: [Withdrawn] Prepare to use the UKCA mark after Brexit - GOV.UK
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                    I swear as God is my witness; I will go out of my way to NEVER buy anything made in China ever again.

Who’s with me?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                    I just dumped my two Ming Vases in the bin.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

2011 Purple Gorilla Walking Mascot Costume (HI-MC-0376) - China Cartoon Mascot, Movie Cartoon Character | Made-in-China.com

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X