• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not Made in China

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really surprised there isn't more outrage at China and it's lack of standards. Dodgy hygiene standards, dodgy statistics, dodgy face masks, dodgy virus tests...

It's pretty outrageous.
    Last edited by woohoo; 1 April 2020, 10:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      All of your stuff isn't currently made exclusively in China.

No they make disk drives in the bogs of Thailand.

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

failing to preserve supply is a business risk they should have been aware of.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        I swear as God is my witness; I will go out of my way to NEVER buy anything made in China ever again.

Who’s with me?
        The software for this forum has been contributed to by Chinese developers...

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          I swear as God is my witness; I will go out of my way to NEVER buy anything made in China ever again.

Who’s with me?

Sent from my Chinese made iPhone using Contractor UK Forum running on a Chinese made server
          I am!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Really surprised there isn't more outrage at China and it's lack standards. Dodgy hygiene standards, dodgy statistics, dodgy face masks, dodgy virus tests...

It's pretty outrageous.

hmmm

How To Distinguish A Real CE Mark From A Fake Chinese Export Mark – CE Check Support - Product and CE marking information

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Really surprised there isn't more outrage at China and it's lack of standards. Dodgy hygiene standards, dodgy statistics, dodgy face masks, dodgy virus tests...

It's pretty outrageous.
              I save my outrage for blue passports.

Comment

Cabin fever rant incoming...

In return for cheap manufacturing, the West has so far "overlooked" China being a horrible dictatorship. The PRC has, reportedly, 2 million Muslims in camps, terrible human rights, working conditions from hell - the usual totalitarian features. Meanwhile the Western political class and media has been bought off and hasn't a bad word to say about the PRC.

And I'm as guilty as the next man - buying lots of shiny Chinese goods while preferring not to think about the slaves who made them, about suicide nets, about misery and non existent H&S.

This virus is Communism's latest gift to the world. If/when it is over, China will have to change and so will the attitude of the rest of the world. If China reforms and moves towards openness and democracy as a result, that will be a positive thing.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                  Cabin fever rant incoming...

In return for cheap manufacturing, the West has so far "overlooked" China being a horrible dictatorship. The PRC has, reportedly, 2 million Muslims in camps, terrible human rights, working conditions from hell - the usual totalitarian features. Meanwhile the Western political class and media has been bought off and hasn't a bad word to say about the PRC.

And I'm as guilty as the next man - buying lots of shiny Chinese goods while preferring not to think about the slaves who made them, about suicide nets, about misery and non existent H&S.

This virus is Communism's latest gift to the world. If/when it is over, China will have to change and so will the attitude of the rest of the world. If China reforms and moves towards openness and democracy as a result, that will be a positive thing.
                  It is patently untrue that the Western media hasn't a bad word to say about PRC. See: Uighurs | World | The Guardian

Comment

It's pretty outrageous.
                    They're a sovereign state. Surely it's up to them how they run their business? Or do you think they should have someone else make the rules for them to follow?
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Certainly fake products from China are a big problem, can't be a*d to check latest figures but was about 40% of all counterfeit goods to EU. Hard to believe the state is taking it seriously enough.

All sorts of reasons why no nation can be independent in production but may be nice to go back to a less global world where more stuff is produced locally. We'd need to ditch our wish to get richer every year. Beats me why the better off people in developed countries are always wanting more.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X