• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not Made in China

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    I swear as God is my witness; I will go out of my way to NEVER buy anything made in China ever again.

Who’s with me?
    Why not just consume less stuff, full stop? Kills 2 birds with one stone. Helps save the planet and fecks over PRC.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      At least they don't leak bat virus shizz.
      Give it time.

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      The software for this forum has been contributed to by Chinese developers...
      A cause for celebration, surely?

Hip hip huawei!
      Hip hip huawei!
      Hip hip huawei!

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        It is patently untrue that the Western media hasn't a bad word to say about PRC. See: Uighurs | World | The Guardian
        Good on the Grauniad for reporting that, even just one story a month ago. *Generally* it is still true that the Western media gives China a free pass. As well as helping us ignore the horrors of the Chinese regime, our news outlets repeat CCP statements without caveat. Blind eye on China, angry eye on Washington...

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          Why not just consume less stuff, full stop? Kills 2 birds with one stone. Helps save the planet and fecks over PRC.
          Absolutely.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
            Good on the Grauniad for reporting that, even just one story a month ago. *Generally* it is still true that the Western media gives China a free pass. As well as helping us ignore the horrors of the Chinese regime, our news outlets repeat CCP statements without caveat. Blind eye on China, angry eye on Washington...
            2 articles in March. 5 in February. 2 in January.

And here is the BBC: Uighurs - BBC News

And the Telegraph: Uighurs - The Telegraph

NYT: Uighurs - The New York Times
            Last edited by Old Greg; 1 April 2020, 12:15.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
              The Financial Times have been covering the Uighurs and their plight for years.

Pay £1 for a four week trial and go and search for their articles of the past year... the monitoring of cities containing tens of millions of inhabitants is as impressive as it is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                Very true. But we can stop buying their tulip.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                You do see the irony of your post, don't you?

In case you missed it, I've highlighted the 2 bits that go together
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  True, apart from Mondi being a complete twunt and the big riots that were previously going on.

Dangerous place when it kicks off there, as I have personally witnessed.

You don't want to have a car accident there for example
                  Or be a young woman who gets gang raped!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    2 articles in March. 5 in February. 2 in January.

And here is the BBC: Uighurs - BBC News

And the Telegraph: Uighurs - The Telegraph

NYT: Uighurs - The New York Times
                    No doubt unixman will now revise his views on Western media.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      I just dumped my two Ming Vases in the bin.
                      A good, Made in Britain bin?

Comment

Working...
                      X