• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not Made in China

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    2 articles in March. 5 in February. 2 in January.

And here is the BBC: Uighurs - BBC News

And the Telegraph: Uighurs - The Telegraph

NYT: Uighurs - The New York Times
    Well done for finding 9 articles over 3 months on this very grave subject. Now compare with the full spectrum coverage of President trump being rude to someone in a press conference. Meanwhile WHO acts as a repeater station for radio Beijing, while obediently blocking Taiwan from membership. Their assistant director general actually hanging up the phone live on air rather than acknowledge Taiwan's independent existence. FFS.
    Last edited by unixman; 1 April 2020, 18:47.

Comment

Some of the best, although plenty of others with detailed maps displaying the expansion of monitoring to hundreds of millions of cities and towns (metropolises and cities in our language) of XinJiang.

Some articles are free to read, as you can see below:

Fear and oppression in Xinjiang: China’s war on Uighur culture | Financial Times

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Crackdown in Xinjiang: Where have all the people gone? | Financial Times

Persecution of China'''s Uighur Muslims exposed | Financial Times

https://www.ft.com/content/51a1bf9a-...a-f0c92e957a96

https://www.ft.com/content/8912445a-...3-fa40a0d65a98

You can paste these into google and view the article and the comments, but it's really worth paying a subscription for, plus £1 for a four week trial is a bargain. The quality of articles is worth paying for. The comments section is generally above any other newspaper in the world too.

It seems that allowing Chinese entities to mega dump all university and microsoft collaborative facial recognition research data sources wasn't such a good idea after all, as the CCP are mentally deranged - I mean, you'd have to be to implement such features on your citizens:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/03/b...-xinjiang.html
      Last edited by rogerfederer; 1 April 2020, 18:55.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
        Well done for finding 9 articles over 3 months on this very grave subject. Now compare with the full spectrum coverage of President trump being rude to someone in a press conference. Meanwhile WHO acts as a repeater station for radio Beijing, while obediently blocking Taiwan from membership. Their assistant director general actually hanging up the phone live on air rather than acknowledge Taiwan's independent existence. FFS.
        That's the spirit! Ignore the proof that you are wrong and plough on regardless.

I bet you think that the Western media has ignored the WHO's treatment of the Republic of China.

Comment

Is it even possible to not buy Chinese goods anymore, from phones to pharmaceuticals China has a hand in it.

If anyone is on the bench put together a website of alternative goods.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Is it even possible to not buy Chinese goods anymore, from phones to pharmaceuticals China has a hand in it.

If anyone is on the bench put together a website of alternative goods.
            Difficult I agree - especially when you get down to sub components - but I will do my best to not to buy made in China.

Some useful labelling “Not Made in China” will be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              Difficult I agree - especially when you get down to sub components - but I will do my best to not to buy made in China.

Some useful labelling “Not Made in China” will be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                That's the spirit! Ignore the proof that you are wrong and plough on regardless.

I bet you think that the Western media has ignored the WHO's treatment of the Republic of China.
                *Cough*

My Google for "trump disinfectant" - 353 million results
                My Google for "uighur muslims" - 6.3 million results

My Google for "trump disinfectant site:bbc.co.uk" - 134000 results
                My Google for "uighur muslims site:bbc.co.uk" - 1600 results

My Google for "trump disinfectant site:www.theguardian.com" - 2810 results
                My Google for "uighur muslims site:www.theguardian.com" - 1120 results

The Don makes a faux pas and within 48 hours Auntie has given it 8 times as much coverage as Chinese people in gulags ? The Guardian twice as much ? That's with my filter bubble of course. Try it with yours...

oh and searching for "who" is tricky as it's a common word but

""world health organisation" china site:bbc.co.uk" - 6920 results
                "trumps hair site:bbc.co.uk" - 51800 results

Comment

Interestingly the US with a population of 300 million has 2 million in gulags whereas China has a population 3 times the size with almost half that number in gulags.

Statistically you are far less likely to end up in a gulag in China than you are in the US.

US citizen jailed in a gulag for a offering humanitarian aid

Humanitarian Scott Warren, for example, was just found not guilty in his second trial on felony harboring charges for the crime of feeding two migrants and offering them beds after an arduous, death-defying journey through the desert
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Interestingly the US with a population of 300 million has 2 million in gulags whereas China has a population 3 times the size with almost half that number in gulags.

Statistically you are far less likely to end up in a gulag in China than you are in the US.

US citizen jailed in a gulag for a offering humanitarian aid
                    As soon as you compare the Chinese legal system favourably to the US, you've lost the argument. The US system is a very long way from being perfect, but the Chinese system is a whole lot worse. Don't be a ****ing moron.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      As soon as you compare the Chinese legal system favourably to the US, you've lost the argument. The US system is a very long way from being perfect, but the Chinese system is a whole lot worse. Don't be a ****ing moron.
                      Tongue in cheek.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X