• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not Made in China

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Tongue in cheek.
    Good.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Interestingly the US with a population of 300 million has 2 million in gulags whereas China has a population 3 times the size with almost half that number in gulags.

Statistically you are far less likely to end up in a gulag in China than you are in the US.

US citizen jailed in a gulag for a offering humanitarian aid
      "feeding two migrants and offering them beds after an arduous, death-defying journey through the desert"

Cirque du Soleil should do a version.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        "feeding two migrants and offering them beds after an arduous, death-defying journey through the desert"

Cirque du Soleil should do a version.
        Lets say some of the US gulags have their own issues

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Pretty relaxed death-defying journey through the desert.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
            Cabin fever rant incoming...

In return for cheap manufacturing, the West has so far "overlooked" China being a horrible dictatorship. The PRC has, reportedly, 2 million Muslims in camps, terrible human rights, working conditions from hell - the usual totalitarian features. Meanwhile the Western political class and media has been bought off and hasn't a bad word to say about the PRC.

And I'm as guilty as the next man - buying lots of shiny Chinese goods while preferring not to think about the slaves who made them, about suicide nets, about misery and non existent H&S.

This virus is Communism's latest gift to the world. If/when it is over, China will have to change and so will the attitude of the rest of the world. If China reforms and moves towards openness and democracy as a result, that will be a positive thing.
            Originally posted by unixman View Post
            *Cough*

My Google for "trump disinfectant" - 353 million results
            My Google for "uighur muslims" - 6.3 million results

My Google for "trump disinfectant site:bbc.co.uk" - 134000 results
            My Google for "uighur muslims site:bbc.co.uk" - 1600 results

My Google for "trump disinfectant site:www.theguardian.com" - 2810 results
            My Google for "uighur muslims site:www.theguardian.com" - 1120 results

The Don makes a faux pas and within 48 hours Auntie has given it 8 times as much coverage as Chinese people in gulags ? The Guardian twice as much ? That's with my filter bubble of course. Try it with yours...

oh and searching for "who" is tricky as it's a common word but

""world health organisation" china site:bbc.co.uk" - 6920 results
            "trumps hair site:bbc.co.uk" - 51800 results
            So do you still think that the media hasn't a bad word to say about the PRC? Because you seem to have change tack.

Comment

Boris apparently changed his mind about Huawei and is looking to pull out...

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
                Boris apparently changed his mind about Huawei and is looking to pull out...
                Well, that'll be a first.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Well, that'll be a first.
                  He was just kidding

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    He was just kidding
                    I wouldn't joke about 5G.

Boris Johnson ‘changes his mind’ over Huawei mobile deal | News | The Sunday Times

Comment

Working...
                    X