• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Antibody tests

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Because they were too busy spinning
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Because they were too busy spinning
      Those morons thought they’ll just buy it from China - if that anti-body test actually work, why it would be them who’d get millions of tests? Plenty of other buyers willing to pay top dollar - I have not seen in reports ant other country that announced getting so many of such tests in the last 4 weeks.

Comment

Exclusive: Private labs claim PHE is refusing to share blood samples needed to validate Covid-19 antibody tests

tulip show

Comment

Fking criminal

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Fking criminal
            I'm surprised you sleep at night. You seem to be in a constant state of panic. Stress and tension are the lasts things you want at the moment fella ..... they will lower your immunity and open the door to illnesses like a cold, flu or some other such virus

Instead of worry about all the stuff you have no control over, just worry and act on those areas of your life that you can control.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              I'm surprised you sleep at night. You seem to be in a constant state of panic. Stress and tension are the lasts things you want at the moment fella ..... they will lower your immunity and open the door to illnesses like a cold, flu or some other such virus

Instead of worry about all the stuff you have no control over, just worry and act on those areas of your life that you can control.
              He's Russian, they always sleep with one eye open
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                He's Russian, they always sleep with one eye open
                Putin!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Like whether to post on CUK or not?

Comment

Not refused. Just not responded. Only they have!

PHE said that they only have a “very small number” of positive blood samples containing coronavirus antibodies, so had not been able to share them with private companies.

“The Government wants as many labs as possible to support the scaling up of the UK’s testing capacity and any commercial companies that can help should contact the DHSC,” said Dr Yvonne Doyle, Medical Director at PHE.

“PHE has only a very small number of positive blood samples. It takes time for an immune response to develop; for most people infected in the UK, this will have been in the past six weeks and so their blood is only now reaching maturity to be used in this capacity.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Our body takes some time to generate an antibody against a virus when our body is infected. So, would antibody testing be useful to identify infected people quickly?
                      Last edited by amypang; 9 April 2020, 07:38.

Comment

Working...
                      X