• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

#ClapForCarers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Spoken like a true blue Tory
    But he's making a noise with his hands.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Stupid load of old bollocks, I think that they would prefer a living wage and at the moment, maybe a bit of help so perhaps volunteer?
      A few health care workers went on the media last week after "the clap" and said they would like things like break rooms with free tea and coffee, not to get parking tickets and a payrise would be nice.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        A few health care workers went on the media last week after "the clap" and said they would like things like break rooms with free tea and coffee, not to get parking tickets and a payrise would be nice.

All good points and with luck that will happen if the public keep up the pressure.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          But he's making a noise with his hands.
          Fair enough...

- .... .- -. -.- / -.-- --- ..- / -. .... ...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            The other side of the family, my mother in law and quite a few others used to work in the nursing profession.

They are absolutely disgusted the way this whole thing has been handled, worst protective gear in Europe, where it exists, a lot of gear out of date, lack of beds, lack of ventilators, lack of tests and then being clapped at for their efforts.

Add to that working all the hours God sends, no food available when they are done and paid a pittance to add to the insult.

Not surprised they are totally fecked off.
            My Dad (63) just started his shift a couple of hours ago as a hospital porter... He got a letter from his employer a few weeks ago saying he should isolate for 12 weeks due to his medical conditions. His comment was if he doesn't go in who is going to push the patients and dead bodies around - fair point.

He has the grand total of zero protect equipment while pushing people around with the virus or who have died from the virus.

NHS 2020 - I said to him you know some people consider you a hero - he said I am a moron but why change the habit of a life time - was hard to disagree - I really want to go for a beer with him I get the feeling I might not get the chance again
            Last edited by dx4100; 2 April 2020, 20:53.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
              My Dad (63) just started his shift a couple of hours ago as a hospital porter... He got a letter from his employer a few weeks ago saying he should isolate for 12 weeks due to his medical conditions. His comment was if he doesn't go in who is going to push the patient and dead bodies around - fair point.

He has the grand total of zero protect equipment while pushing people around with the virus or who have died from the virus.

NHS 2020 - I said to him you know some people consider you a hero - he said I am a moron but why change the habit of a life time - was hard to disagree - I really want to for a beer with him I get the feeling I might not get the chance again
              You need to go to your dad tonight and tell him to stop working - you will cover his salary

Long time deed people

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                You need to go to your dad tonight and tell him to stop working - you will cover his salary

Long time deed people
                You clearly don't live with people who work for the NHS...

Money isn't the issue - he could be off on full pay.

He says its his duty, I respect his choice.

Comment

My mother in law (60s) retired about 4 weeks back after being a staff nurse her whole life in the NHS. She has been isolating for the last 2 weeks before returning next week.

I think they are just incredible. They know the risks.

To be honest neither my Dad or my mother in law care about the money, the respect or the free parking (or lack of it). They have a job to do, a job they are trained to do and if they don't do it no one will.

My brother in law and cousin are also nurses - much younger (30s). Lots of posts moaning about people clapping and wanting more money, free parking etc. To be fair to them - they wouldn't dream of not going in and doing their job. They are incredibly brave in my eyes. But there is defo a generational element to some of the complaints when it comes to money / benefits etc.

Comment

My mother in law (60s) retired about 4 weeks back after being a staff nurse her whole life in the NHS. She has been isolating for the last 2 weeks before returning next week.

I think they are just incredible. They know the risks.

To be honest neither my Dad or my mother in law care about the money, the respect or the free parking (or lack of it). They have a job to do, a job they are trained to do and if they don't do it no one will.

My brother in law and cousin are also nurses - much younger (30s). Lots of posts moaning about people clapping and wanting more money, free parking etc. To be fair to them - they wouldn't dream of not going in and doing their job. They are incredibly brave in my eyes. But there is defo a generational element to some of the complaints when it comes to money / benefits etc.
                    Thanks for these posts, there are people who are totally unselfish and committed to what they do.
                    Its totally out of order, in the NHS, that they have to do without the basic kit to do their day to day work.

I really hope you are sat enjoying a pint with your old man once this is done, you are understandabley very worried

My mother in law went back to work, after retiring, but unfortunately found she was then a victim of increased tax.
                    She's a fair amount older than yours, so has retired properly now, thank God. All the family, who worked for the NHS, were very committed to the job and helping people, that's what they knew.
                    Unfortunately we have a government that wish to privatise the NHS completely, that is their aim.

They should get more money, not have to use food banks, have proper kit and not pay for parking.

Simple as that.

Good Luck!
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

You clearly don't live with people who work for the NHS...

Money isn't the issue - he could be off on full pay.

He says its his duty, I respect his choice.
                      I'm glad people like him exist and also glad they don't work in IT.

I wouldn't want to compete with people who love their work more than their own lives, or even people who love their work more than low pay...

Comment

Working...
                      X