• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

#ClapForCarers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Can we not pay them a wage they can live on as well? I think they would like that more.
    I'm sure you would be welcome to contribute to any NHS workers you know. I have never heard of any of them starving to death though, so I must conclude they can live off their wages even without your generous contributions
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I'm sure you would be welcome to contribute to any NHS workers you know. I have never heard of any of them starving to death though, so I must conclude they can live off their wages even without your generous contributions
      Carers != NHS staff.

I work pro bono for the NHS.

Big hugs.

CFL

Comment

THe NHS workers seem to appreciate it, but it's nice for you to tell us you know better.

Thanks for telling us what a great job you're doing in your community. You're an inspiration.
        Some did, for sure, but quite a number didn't.

The ones that said they didn't said they found the whole thing quite patronising actually and also said they would prefer having the correct protective gear to work in.

Obviously, being paid more than £24K a year would most likely help as well.

Seems fair enough to me.

I have never heard of any of them starving to death though, so I must conclude they can live off their wages
        What a nasty comment, but as long as you are clapping tonight I guess that makes it all OK
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            Some did, for sure, but quite a number didn't.

The ones that said they didn't said they found the whole thing quite patronising actually and also said they would prefer having the correct protective gear to work in.

Obviously, being paid more than £24K a year would most likely help as well.

Seems fair enough to me.

What a nasty comment, but as long as you are clapping tonight I guess that makes it all OK
            doogie's Christian milk of human kindness has turned sour.

Comment

The homeless are suddenly given shelter.

Your boss has suddenly approved working from home.

Money has appeared out of thin air to fund healthcare and social welfare.

The unskilled worker is suddenly a "key worker".

Everything was possible before the virus. We now have to question why it was never done before, then make sure we never go back to how it was before. I suspect the answer is d000hg.

Comment

Spoken like a true blue Tory
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

There was quite a back lash last week where a lot of them said we want more money, not claps... A lot of my family and friends work in the NHS and they was all saying it lol. So we didn't bother making the effort - not much point if the majority aren't bothered about it.

Comment

It was quite social stood out and chatted with our neighbours (2m distance) in the close, all good fun.

sorry I was late on here Real life got in the way.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
                      There was quite a back lash last week where a lot of them said we want more money, not claps... A lot of my family and friends work in the NHS and they was all saying it lol. So we didn't bother making the effort - not much point if the majority aren't bothered about it.
                      The other side of the family, my mother in law and quite a few others used to work in the nursing profession.

They are absolutely disgusted the way this whole thing has been handled, worst protective gear in Europe, where it exists, a lot of gear out of date, lack of beds, lack of ventilators, lack of tests and then being clapped at for their efforts.

Add to that working all the hours God sends, no food available when they are done and paid a pittance to add to the insult.

Not surprised they are totally fecked off.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X