• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

#ClapForCarers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The schedule has got a bit busy. We have to clap for carers on a thursday. Musicians are being encouraged to play at the same time.

I saw someone wanting us to "clap for children" on Sunday evenings. And for Boris now.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The more clapping the better. It saves lives. Works the same as Facebook likes. It's exactly how Jesus* decides who lives or dies.

*Or another supreme being of your choice.
      If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

I'm surprised but relieved the glad hands brigade hasn't waded in to this one. Doesn't seem quite so effective and fun if we just lean out of our windows wave our hands in silence.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          But.......

Amanda Holden told me to do it
          And David Icke (I had wondered what happened to him).

Coronavirus: YouTube tightens rules after David Icke 5G interview - BBC News
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I thought clapping only saved fairies ?

Comment

I'm taking as read few on this forum are used to receiving applause or plaudits.

Morale cannot be underestimated in how the country gets through a crisis. People feeling they are helping, and front-line people feeling they are appreciated, are pretty valuable commodities when everyone is getting properly bored and tetchy.

Just like the War Drive...
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                And David Icke (I had wondered what happened to him).

Coronavirus: YouTube tightens rules after David Icke 5G interview - BBC News
                They just played a bit of that on the 18:00 o'clock news.

What planet is that man on?

Gorn?

Just askin' like.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Clap for carers? Sorry but this more like an excuse for a street party.

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I'm taking as read few on this forum are used to receiving applause or plaudits.

Morale cannot be underestimated in how the country gets through a crisis. People feeling they are helping, and front-line people feeling they are appreciated, are pretty valuable commodities when everyone is getting properly bored and tetchy.

Just like the War Drive...
                    So you're saying that morale has no importance at all.

Comment

It's bringing communities together while distancing.

Last night, the local "orchestra" had members from one end of the village play "Somewhere over the rainbow", the other end replied a couple of minutes later with "We'll meet again".
                      All done on saxophones & trumpets.

It was uplifting.

It was also nice that the HCPs in the village also got a bit of extra thanks when they stepped out onto the street.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X