• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

#ClapForCarers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#ClapForCarers

I thought this was a lovely idea last week. I think it might get old if it's a weekly ceremony.

That said can we do it online... 8pm post your
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

The NHS is in enough trouble with healthcare workers contracting COVID-19, let alone the clap.

Comment

Stupid load of old bollocks, I think that they would prefer a living wage and at the moment, maybe a bit of help so perhaps volunteer?
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        The NHS is in enough trouble with healthcare workers contracting COVID-19, let alone the clap.
        Yes, I tweeted about the very same thing last week when I first heard about it.

Is it, perhaps, only people over a certain age that know what "the clap" is?

Comment

It’s for key workers (like me) I will shake all my neighbours hands for doing so

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Stupid load of old bollocks, I think that they would prefer a living wage and at the moment, maybe a bit of help so perhaps volunteer?
            Yet I assume you are neither clapping, nor providing any practical help yourself?

Comment

Not into all this nonsense about clapping for everyone.

Where was my clap when programmers saved the world from the y2k bug?

No effin clap just a 5k bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Yet I assume you are neither clapping, nor providing any practical help yourself?
                Of course I'm not clapping, it doesn't help anyone although I am helping my older neighbours by picking up shopping for them and just talking to them to keep their spirits up, are you or does clapping help?
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Can we not pay them a wage they can live on as well? I think they would like that more.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Of course I'm not clapping, it doesn't help anyone although I am helping my older neighbours by picking up shopping for them and just talking to them to keep their spirits up, are you or does clapping help?
                    THe NHS workers seem to appreciate it, but it's nice for you to tell us you know better.

Thanks for telling us what a great job you're doing in your community. You're an inspiration.

Comment

Working...
                    X