• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

immunity passport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Are full stops in short supply during Covid, or did the one or two that are there just sneak in accidentally?

I think there's enough to make it clear.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Are full stops in short supply during Covid, or did the one or two that are there just sneak in accidentally?
      You give me that false dichotomy crap, you can cram it up your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        I think there's enough to make it clear.
        "there ARE enough"

Comment

Lol, Britain is a laff innit.

Immunity passports are a great idea - lets have people wear them on their arm with a coloured armband so we know who we can throw rocks at.

Seriously though, this is as premature as announcing financial help for people without a plan, tests at 25k, then 50k then 100k a week and PPE for all doctors by a week last Thursday.

I'm sure its already been said - but how in the holy world of these utter utter cretin's imagination, can we give immunity passports when we can't perform tests .. our best score so far is 10215 tests in a day. So even if we do 10x that at 102150 tests a day, it'll be 1.6 years for 60 mil (16 years at current rate). You will end up dividing society on basis of access to tests, be that a financial, geographic or whatever constraint. It's absolutely cock a hoop.

It's stuff like this that really makes me want to punch Gove and Boris until both them and me , are crying.

Lockdown flights, bring home all you can on military flights NOW and just stop trying to have your cake and eat it, you utter utter bellends.
          Last edited by Scoobos; 3 April 2020, 13:16.

Comment

Looks fine to me, an ill-educated cretin
            FTFY

Comment

Immunity passport will be the new SC or DV clearance catch-22

You can't get one if you're stuck at home and following the lockdown rules. No infection for you. No contracting for you.

Comment

As for your Boris suggestion of "Let's make sure millions get it"..
                It wasn't my suggestion ? I am talking about the reality of what will probably happen.

Comment

6. For a change, you need to think of what is good and right for others, not just your own sad, lonely, miserable excuse for a life.
                  You are talking to the person with a 63 year old Dad with underlying health conditions working every day in the NHS with no PPE. I am well aware of what needs to be done and what doesn't need to be done.

I am talking about the irresponsible idea of having immunity passports and the consequences of such a strategy.

Comment

This is the government in fantasy land again and getting advice from non-medical people, probably their behavioral unit again. No-one know if you're going to be immune to it if you've already had it. For all anyone knows you could get it again and it could be worse, absolute tosh.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

It's going to be interesting how the ratio of testing works out. The antibody test mostly serves the purpose of getting people back at work and the economy going again. The antigen test is necessary to treat patients, allow doctors to get back to work in order to treat more patients and slow the spread in order to save lives. There's not enough capacity for both, actually right now there's not enough capacity for either.

It's going to be pretty obvious when the government decides where resources are going to be devoted and whether they choose to sacrifice the old, disabled and statistically unlucky over the economy.

Comment

Working...
                      X