• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covid-19 - cause of death?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    If it's you, 'cretinism' will be listed somewhere.
    Man hit by bus in Reading, gets up and walks casually into Purple Turtle pub | Metro News

Comment

Only time I went to the Purple Turtle was a Tuesday night in the '90s. I went for a pint after work (in London) on the Tuesday, don't remember getting to the PT, got home (in London) at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, had a shower and was in work for 9:30 a.m.. Such innocent days.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Sorry for your loss.

If there was no positive test for the virus then to attribute the death to it is false accounting in my eyes. Is it possible to challenge what's put on a death certificate? I fully appreciate that any family would be unlikely to be in the right frame of mind to put forward such a challenge on a point of principle.
        Condolences Cirrus.

LuckyMady: Do you realise how unreliable the test is - increasing false negative rate - once a patient has been dead more than 12 hours?

Sepsis being the primary cause followed by Covid19 suggests it was a Covid19 related death.

I've seen a few on this thread mentioning "death brought forward"; what a bulltulip term. Anybody who contracts this and dies has had their death brought forward - and I apply that to the 80 year old with 19 years left otherwise, as well as someone who is 33 and is unlucky enough to have the virus spread to their otherwise healthy heart and they die.

Someone with a heart condition in a first world country could have lived another 10, 15, 20 years and met a ripe old age. In such cases the death must be attributed to Covid19; sepsis is a giveaway too. If pneumonia spreads to the abdomen and blood then sepsis is the next stage.

I think we are beginning to differentiate between the Programme Managers and the Engineers on this forum!
        Last edited by rogerfederer; 3 April 2020, 16:21.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          If you get hit by a bus, and after your death they test you and you have Covid-19, is this classed as Covid-19 death?

I'm wondering how they attribute death to the virus vs underlying health issue?
          You have to die, in hospital, after being diagnosed, seems to be the current definition?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
          X